On January 2, 2001, Glasstire officially launched with its first review: Rainey Knudson on Karim Rashid’s show Pleasurscape at Rice Gallery, Houston. It turned out to be quite prescient.
So 15 years on, Glasstire’s staff has run the review through the annotation gauntlet of Rap Genius. (Rap Genius is “an online media knowledge base” originally founded in 2009 as a way to annotate hip-hip lyrics. It has expanded.) Click on this link, and then simply click on each highlighted section of the review to see new commentary. It’s that simple!
also by Glasstire
- Texas Biennial 2017 Announces Artists, Dates, and Venue - August 23rd, 2017
- UT Removes Confederate Statues Overnight; Bomb Attempt and Arrest in Houston Over Another Statue - August 21st, 2017
- Derek Jeter Wants to Kill Red Grooms' Baseball Installation - August 20th, 2017
- No Longer Art (Yet Another Proposal for Removed Confederate Statues) - August 19th, 2017
- Entire White House Arts Committee Resigns in Protest - August 18th, 2017