On January 2, 2001, Glasstire officially launched with its first review: Rainey Knudson on Karim Rashid’s show Pleasurscape at Rice Gallery, Houston. It turned out to be quite prescient.
So 15 years on, Glasstire’s staff has run the review through the annotation gauntlet of Rap Genius. (Rap Genius is “an online media knowledge base” originally founded in 2009 as a way to annotate hip-hip lyrics. It has expanded.) Click on this link, and then simply click on each highlighted section of the review to see new commentary. It’s that simple!
also by Glasstire
- Giant Indoor Sculpture Makes the FBI Sick - December 6th, 2016
- Lawndale Live! - December 6th, 2016
- "On December 8, a group of Dallas college students will attempt to destroy the internet... ." - December 5th, 2016
- Filmmakers: the city of Austin wants to screen your work - December 5th, 2016
- Blanton Announces New Curatorial Position and Appointment - December 2nd, 2016