There’s a new haunted house (read: multi-media art show which we ‘immersive’ these days) coming to Oak Cliff this Halloween. Called Art Haunt and tagged as ‘Haunted House + Art + Community,’ it’s a project by artists of Sunset Art Studios and Randy Guthmiller. Guthmiller along with artists Sarah Ruth Alexander and Julie Libersat have picked a theme for this haunted house: ‘the surreal paintings and life of Salvador Dalí. Exploring the painter’s emphasis on all things uncanny, unsettling, bizarre, and dreamlike, each artist contributes to the event by emphasizing these qualities for viewers to walk through, hear, touch, smell, and see. ‘ To find out more about the artists, go here.
It takes place on October 29, from sunset to ten p.m., at the Sunset Art Studios. It’s free, but you should RSVP here. Note from the organizers: “We encourage friends and family to come and explore the surreal together. We’ll be limiting admission to 5 guests at a time, so there will be plenty of opportunities for catching up with the neighbors out front on the grassy triangle. ”
also by Glasstire
- Here are your next Emojis! (T-Rex and Breastfeeding included) - March 22nd, 2017
- Something to Watch: Weekly Sculpture Poems from Elaine Bradford & Sara Cress - March 22nd, 2017
- Dallas Arts Month is Now an Official Thing - March 22nd, 2017
- High Plains Print+Music Festival and BP5 This Weekend in Lubbock - March 21st, 2017
- Graph Fun: NEA Cuts! - March 21st, 2017