There’s a new haunted house (read: multi-media art show which we ‘immersive’ these days) coming to Oak Cliff this Halloween. Called Art Haunt and tagged as ‘Haunted House + Art + Community,’ it’s a project by artists of Sunset Art Studios and Randy Guthmiller. Guthmiller along with artists Sarah Ruth Alexander and Julie Libersat have picked a theme for this haunted house: ‘the surreal paintings and life of Salvador Dalí. Exploring the painter’s emphasis on all things uncanny, unsettling, bizarre, and dreamlike, each artist contributes to the event by emphasizing these qualities for viewers to walk through, hear, touch, smell, and see. ‘ To find out more about the artists, go here.
It takes place on October 29, from sunset to ten p.m., at the Sunset Art Studios. It’s free, but you should RSVP here. Note from the organizers: “We encourage friends and family to come and explore the surreal together. We’ll be limiting admission to 5 guests at a time, so there will be plenty of opportunities for catching up with the neighbors out front on the grassy triangle. ”
also by Glasstire
- Art Dirt 5: Celebrities Doing Performance Art + Artists and Gentrification - May 28th, 2017
- No More Free Parking at the MFAH - May 28th, 2017
- This and That: Sol Lewitt at Rice Gallery / a Wall at UH - May 27th, 2017
- Chad Dawkins Hired as Director of Exhibitions at Southwest School of Art - May 27th, 2017
- 300 Years of American Prints Opens This Sunday at the DMA - May 26th, 2017