There’s a new haunted house (read: multi-media art show which we ‘immersive’ these days) coming to Oak Cliff this Halloween. Called Art Haunt and tagged as ‘Haunted House + Art + Community,’ it’s a project by artists of Sunset Art Studios and Randy Guthmiller. Guthmiller along with artists Sarah Ruth Alexander and Julie Libersat have picked a theme for this haunted house: ‘the surreal paintings and life of Salvador Dalí. Exploring the painter’s emphasis on all things uncanny, unsettling, bizarre, and dreamlike, each artist contributes to the event by emphasizing these qualities for viewers to walk through, hear, touch, smell, and see. ‘ To find out more about the artists, go here.
It takes place on October 29, from sunset to ten p.m., at the Sunset Art Studios. It’s free, but you should RSVP here. Note from the organizers: “We encourage friends and family to come and explore the surreal together. We’ll be limiting admission to 5 guests at a time, so there will be plenty of opportunities for catching up with the neighbors out front on the grassy triangle. ”
also by Glasstire
- FotoFest Announces 2018 Biennial Theme & More - January 16th, 2017
- Section of Berlin Wall at Rice University Defaced with Pro-Trump Graffiti - January 15th, 2017
- Houston Performance Art Festival Announces Lineup — And It's Good! - January 14th, 2017
- Dallas Contemporary Will Organize the Ukrainian Pavilion for the Venice Biennale - January 12th, 2017
- Top Five: January 12, 2017 - January 12th, 2017