This weekend, on Saturday, October 15 is Dallas’ second annual Art Walk West. In and around the neighborhood commonly referred to these days as Trinity Groves (just west of downtown), the day of touring art spaces and artists’ studios includes some noteworthy stops: the working studios of artists like Kevin Todora, Luke Harndon, Randy Guthmiller, Zeke Williams (Erin Clulely Gallery is on this tour as well), plus a brand-new studio for Pierre Krause, Michael Mazurek, Peter Bo Rappmund, Ryder Richards, and Michael Wynne. There are about 15 galleries, spaces and studios on the walk, and about a half dozen public artworks to see. This all culminates in “a celebratory reception where guests will enjoy live music, more art and light fare.” Info on that is (we guess) for people who get out there.
The art walk is free; it kicks off at 11 a.m and runs until 5 p.m. You can pick up the tour map at any stop, but Erin Cluley would be a good start. Presented by the West Dallas Chamber of Commerce.
also by Glasstire
- Glasstire Top Five: July 20, 2017 - July 20th, 2017
- Another Costume Contest at the DMA: This One is Lady Gaga - July 19th, 2017
- "Don't pretend that you're not proud of your work." - July 19th, 2017
- Christina Rees Wins $50,000 Rabkin Prize for Arts Writers - July 17th, 2017
- Austin's Blanton Museum Launches Music Residency Program - July 16th, 2017