Today Women & Their Work, the 38-year-old kunsthalle in central Austin, opened its annual call for entries for proposals for solo shows for the 2017-2018 Solo Exhibition Series. W&TW is accepting applications from woman artists living in Texas “…who create inventive, high-caliber contemporary art that breaks new ground or proposes innovative approaches to form and content.”
The deadline is for application is December 16. W&TW are asking artists to send proposals of new work (and the art cannot have been previously exhibited in Austin), and it wants proposals for shows that will fill its 1700 square foot gallery space. The artists are selected by a professional jury (“…arts professionals from other cities, artists who have had a solo show here in the past, and gallery staff”), and given a $1500 honorarium. These solo shows last six weeks each and the series kicks off in November of 2017. There’s a $25 fee to enter.
also by Glasstire
- Cowboy Paintings Sell for Over $450K at Houston Rodeo - March 26th, 2017
- Art Dirt 2: Controversy Over a Painting of Emmett Till in the Whitney Biennial - March 25th, 2017
- Houston: the Bayou City Art Festival is Back - March 25th, 2017
- $370K! Houston Announces its 2017 Artist Grant Recipients - March 24th, 2017
- Affordable Housing for Artists in Dallas Arts District Gets a YES - March 23rd, 2017