Today Women & Their Work, the 38-year-old kunsthalle in central Austin, opened its annual call for entries for proposals for solo shows for the 2017-2018 Solo Exhibition Series. W&TW is accepting applications from woman artists living in Texas “…who create inventive, high-caliber contemporary art that breaks new ground or proposes innovative approaches to form and content.”
The deadline is for application is December 16. W&TW are asking artists to send proposals of new work (and the art cannot have been previously exhibited in Austin), and it wants proposals for shows that will fill its 1700 square foot gallery space. The artists are selected by a professional jury (“…arts professionals from other cities, artists who have had a solo show here in the past, and gallery staff”), and given a $1500 honorarium. These solo shows last six weeks each and the series kicks off in November of 2017. There’s a $25 fee to enter.
also by Glasstire
- Menil's 2017 Walter Hopps Award Goes to Reem Fadda - May 24th, 2017
- This and That: Menil Drawing Institute / Pompeii - May 23rd, 2017
- Two Large-Scale Ai Weiwei Sculptures Come to Austin this Summer - May 22nd, 2017
- Here's Nasher's Summer Series Line-Up - May 21st, 2017
- Catch the SpeedBump Art Tour Today in Dallas - May 20th, 2017