Today Women & Their Work, the 38-year-old kunsthalle in central Austin, opened its annual call for entries for proposals for solo shows for the 2017-2018 Solo Exhibition Series. W&TW is accepting applications from woman artists living in Texas “…who create inventive, high-caliber contemporary art that breaks new ground or proposes innovative approaches to form and content.”
The deadline is for application is December 16. W&TW are asking artists to send proposals of new work (and the art cannot have been previously exhibited in Austin), and it wants proposals for shows that will fill its 1700 square foot gallery space. The artists are selected by a professional jury (“…arts professionals from other cities, artists who have had a solo show here in the past, and gallery staff”), and given a $1500 honorarium. These solo shows last six weeks each and the series kicks off in November of 2017. There’s a $25 fee to enter.
also by Glasstire
- The DMA Didn't Buy a da Vinci Painting. Now, You Can (for $100+ Million). - October 23rd, 2017
- Rockport Center for the Arts Announces 11th Annual Rockport Film Festival - October 21st, 2017
- Houston's Zoya Tommy Gallery to Close - October 21st, 2017
- A Residency for Artists Affected by This Year's Hurricanes - October 21st, 2017
- Voertman's Bookstore Owner Gifts $10 Million to UNT Arts - October 20th, 2017