The Idea Fund wants to give you money for your offbeat idea or, as they put it, “to provide artists with quick access to substantial financial support for projects that might not otherwise have access to funding.” Up to twelve Idea Fund grants will be distributed at the following levels: Spark ($1,000), Catalyst ($4,000), and Stimulus ($7,000).
The basic info:
- The application deadline is Monday, November 7, 2016, at midnight.
- The lead artist must reside in one of the following counties: Harris, Galveston, Brazoria, Fort Bend, Waller, Chambers, Liberty, or Montgomery.
- There will be helpful information sessions held at different locations on Wednesday, September 28, at 4pm; Tuesday, October 25, 6:30pm; and Thursday, October 27, 6:30pm.
- The jurors are Lu Zhang, Deputy Director at The Contemporary, Baltimore; Julia Bryan-Wilson, Ph.D., Associate Professor at Department of History of Art at University of California, Berkeley; and Dennis Nance, Curator at Galveston Arts Center, Artist and 2015 Idea Fund Recipient.
The Idea Fund is a re-granting program administered by a partnership of DiverseWorks, Aurora Picture Show, and Project Row Houses and funded by The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts.
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017