The Idea Fund wants to give you money for your offbeat idea or, as they put it, “to provide artists with quick access to substantial financial support for projects that might not otherwise have access to funding.” Up to twelve Idea Fund grants will be distributed at the following levels: Spark ($1,000), Catalyst ($4,000), and Stimulus ($7,000).
The basic info:
- The application deadline is Monday, November 7, 2016, at midnight.
- The lead artist must reside in one of the following counties: Harris, Galveston, Brazoria, Fort Bend, Waller, Chambers, Liberty, or Montgomery.
- There will be helpful information sessions held at different locations on Wednesday, September 28, at 4pm; Tuesday, October 25, 6:30pm; and Thursday, October 27, 6:30pm.
- The jurors are Lu Zhang, Deputy Director at The Contemporary, Baltimore; Julia Bryan-Wilson, Ph.D., Associate Professor at Department of History of Art at University of California, Berkeley; and Dennis Nance, Curator at Galveston Arts Center, Artist and 2015 Idea Fund Recipient.
The Idea Fund is a re-granting program administered by a partnership of DiverseWorks, Aurora Picture Show, and Project Row Houses and funded by The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts.
also by Paula Newton
- Dallas Curator Named One of “Twenty Most Influential” - October 26th, 2016
- Dude! Art Class is Super Stressful! - October 25th, 2016
- A Texas Guide to Día De Los Muertos - October 24th, 2016
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016