It was announced recently that Christine Gervais has been appointed the new Director of Rienzi, the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston’s off-site museum for European decorative arts. Gervais has worked at Rienzi for the past fourteen years—she came on in 2002 as a curatorial assistant, and in 2011 was promoted to associate curator of Rienzi. She also served as a curator of decorative arts at the MFAH. Before her tenure in Houston, Gervais received an M.A. in American Studies from The George Washington University, and a M.A in Philosophy from the University of Glasgow in Scotland.
Gervais will be replacing Rienzi’s founding director, Katherine S. Howe, who held the position since the museum’s opening in 1999.
Watch the video below to hear Gervais speak about the 2011-2012 show, English Taste: the Art of Dining in the Eighteenth Century, she curated for Rienzi.
also by Glasstire
- The DMA Didn't Buy a da Vinci Painting. Now, You Can (for $100+ Million). - October 23rd, 2017
- Rockport Center for the Arts Announces 11th Annual Rockport Film Festival - October 21st, 2017
- Houston's Zoya Tommy Gallery to Close - October 21st, 2017
- A Residency for Artists Affected by This Year's Hurricanes - October 21st, 2017
- Voertman's Bookstore Owner Gifts $10 Million to UNT Arts - October 20th, 2017