Project Row Houses in Houston has announced the artists for round 45 of its Artist Rounds series, which will open on October 22. Artists Rounds is the signature Project Row showcase of on-site exhibitions, and features exhibition/installations in seven of the row houses on Holman Street.
This Round is called Local Impacts and was organized by PRH director Ryan Dennis, and all the artists are Houston-based or have roots in the Houston community. Via PRH: “While this Round is not thematic, it looks at individual artists producing installations and public programs approaching themes around African-American history and pop culture, collaborative public art, place and identity, climate change and tourism, modern forms of communication and media consumption and radical imagination as a means of healing.” This Round will also feature site-specific sculpture, performance, and artist talks.
Here are the artists participating in this Round:
Jesse Lott + Ann Harithas
The opening reception and community market: October 22, from 4-7 p.m. Artist talks: October 22, 2016 at 2:30 p.m.
The Round lasts through February 12, 2017. For more info, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Send Your Questions to Catherine Opie and Eileen Myles! - April 25th, 2017
- Houston Artists: Artadia Wants to Give You Money - April 24th, 2017
- City of Austin Announces First Artist-in-Residence - April 23rd, 2017
- Celebrate Earth Day with an Environmentally Conscious Film Festival - April 22nd, 2017
- West Austin Studio Tour Artists Announced - April 21st, 2017