To be a true contemporary art afficianadio, one must also delve into the old and the new, the East and the West.
The Islamic Arts Society has announced the Third Annual Islamic Arts Festival to take place in Houston at Masjid Al-Salam, 16700 Old Louetta Road. An estimated 200,000 Muslims live in the Greater Houston area; the event will showcase the art of 30 Houston-based artists.
Come show your love for arts of all cultures, old and new! Or, as the press release states: “The art show will enlighten our children, friends and neighbors about the unique place of arts in Islam and also inspire and acknowledge budding local artists.”
also by Paula Newton
- This Week: Houston! Next Week: Marfa! - September 30th, 2016
- Houston’s Smither Park Officially (Re)Opens - September 29th, 2016
- Two Texans Make ArtPrize Shortlist! - September 27th, 2016
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016