To be a true contemporary art afficianadio, one must also delve into the old and the new, the East and the West.
The Islamic Arts Society has announced the Third Annual Islamic Arts Festival to take place in Houston at Masjid Al-Salam, 16700 Old Louetta Road. An estimated 200,000 Muslims live in the Greater Houston area; the event will showcase the art of 30 Houston-based artists.
Come show your love for arts of all cultures, old and new! Or, as the press release states: “The art show will enlighten our children, friends and neighbors about the unique place of arts in Islam and also inspire and acknowledge budding local artists.”
also by Paula Newton
- John Glenn (1921-2016) - December 9th, 2016
- Architects’ Pigs Could Fly in Just in Time for Trump Proposals - December 8th, 2016
- ALH Artists Inspire Latest Version of Debtfair at Whitney Biennial - December 7th, 2016
- Judd Foundation Releases More Judd Writings - December 2nd, 2016
- And Speaking of Space - December 1st, 2016