The thing about performance art (among many, many other things) is the cliché of the spewing, therapeutic peanut butter experience. On the other hand, the freedom and the openness of performance art allows for the unexpected and the occasional brilliance that can accompany the expression of artists who don’t know any better.
Houston’s Notsuoh makes room for that goofy in-between space. Once again, they will host an evening of performance art. Here are the participating weirdos that may or may not blow your mind!
also by Paula Newton
- Meow Wolf is Growing Bigger and May Come to Austin! - April 24th, 2017
- Sand Art: Sculpture of Sculptures - April 21st, 2017
- Sexy Farrah Fawcett Made Art, Too! - April 20th, 2017
- Death of the Cool: Barkley Hendricks, 1945-2017 - April 19th, 2017
- Performance Art Works Both Ways - April 18th, 2017