The thing about performance art (among many, many other things) is the cliché of the spewing, therapeutic peanut butter experience. On the other hand, the freedom and the openness of performance art allows for the unexpected and the occasional brilliance that can accompany the expression of artists who don’t know any better.
Houston’s Notsuoh makes room for that goofy in-between space. Once again, they will host an evening of performance art. Here are the participating weirdos that may or may not blow your mind!
also by Paula Newton
- Solange Knowles + Donald Judd = Love Songs - August 23rd, 2017
- Houston Nonprofits Join the Coalition Against Hate - August 22nd, 2017
- The Solar Eclipse in Art - August 21st, 2017
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017