Art League Houston recently announced their 2016 fall call for proposals. Open calls for ALH are put out twice a year—this round’s deadline is November 30, 2016. All submissions will be reviewed and selected by the organization’s Artist Advisory Board. And, since ALH is now W.A.G.E. Certified, it’s exhibiting artists will receive healthy stipends for their shows: $1,800 for the Main Gallery, $1,100 for the Front Gallery, $1,100 for the Sculpture Garden, and $400 for the Hallway Space.
Artists are required to submit artwork examples, a no more than 500 word proposal outlining their project, and their resume. It’s important to note that the selection process is blind, so the artist’s name cannot be in any of these documents! ALH will consider proposals that:
- Cross into public and social spheres
- Incorporate ideas of social practice and social justice
- Platform local, regional, national, and international artists
- Present artists who reflect the myriad of cultural communities living in Houston
- Embrace relevancy to conversations in contemporary art
- Offer opportunities for compelling ancillary programming
To see more and to submit your proposal, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- FotoFest Announces 2018 Biennial Theme & More - January 16th, 2017
- Section of Berlin Wall at Rice University Defaced with Pro-Trump Graffiti - January 15th, 2017
- Houston Performance Art Festival Announces Lineup — And It's Good! - January 14th, 2017
- Dallas Contemporary Will Organize the Ukrainian Pavilion for the Venice Biennale - January 12th, 2017
- Top Five: January 12, 2017 - January 12th, 2017