The East Austin Studio Tour (East) is not for a couple of months (November 12-13 and 19-20), but it takes that long to properly strategize for this free, annual, self-guided art event. This year’s East will showcase over 500 artists—with 357 working studios and 40 established galleries on display, as well as 112 temporary exhibitions and 21 happenings. Big Medium, who organizes the event, has announced the roster of participating artists.
Once you figure out which artists you don’t want to miss, stop by a branch of the Austin Public Library on November 1. That’s when the coveted East catalogue, with its fold-out map insert, will be available. Each artist and exhibition is featured with images and information.
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017