The East Austin Studio Tour (East) is not for a couple of months (November 12-13 and 19-20), but it takes that long to properly strategize for this free, annual, self-guided art event. This year’s East will showcase over 500 artists—with 357 working studios and 40 established galleries on display, as well as 112 temporary exhibitions and 21 happenings. Big Medium, who organizes the event, has announced the roster of participating artists.
Once you figure out which artists you don’t want to miss, stop by a branch of the Austin Public Library on November 1. That’s when the coveted East catalogue, with its fold-out map insert, will be available. Each artist and exhibition is featured with images and information.
also by Paula Newton
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017