The East Austin Studio Tour (East) is not for a couple of months (November 12-13 and 19-20), but it takes that long to properly strategize for this free, annual, self-guided art event. This year’s East will showcase over 500 artists—with 357 working studios and 40 established galleries on display, as well as 112 temporary exhibitions and 21 happenings. Big Medium, who organizes the event, has announced the roster of participating artists.
Once you figure out which artists you don’t want to miss, stop by a branch of the Austin Public Library on November 1. That’s when the coveted East catalogue, with its fold-out map insert, will be available. Each artist and exhibition is featured with images and information.
also by Paula Newton
- Oregon May Have Outdone Texas’ CowParade - September 22nd, 2017
- MFAH: New Position, New Curator - September 21st, 2017
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017