The East Austin Studio Tour (East) is not for a couple of months (November 12-13 and 19-20), but it takes that long to properly strategize for this free, annual, self-guided art event. This year’s East will showcase over 500 artists—with 357 working studios and 40 established galleries on display, as well as 112 temporary exhibitions and 21 happenings. Big Medium, who organizes the event, has announced the roster of participating artists.
Once you figure out which artists you don’t want to miss, stop by a branch of the Austin Public Library on November 1. That’s when the coveted East catalogue, with its fold-out map insert, will be available. Each artist and exhibition is featured with images and information.
also by Paula Newton
- Two Texans Make ArtPrize Shortlist! - September 27th, 2016
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016