Did your art history classes leave you dangling somewhere in the art scene of the sixties? The Contemporary Austin has some classes for you. Called “Contemporary Art 101,” the classes are for members only (but memberships begin at $35) and the seven-part lecture series begins with the sixties and moves forward.
The Thursday classes start this Thursday, September 15, and run through December 1. The tuition for the daytime schedule is $200; for the evening schedule, it’s $225, but that class includes wine! To check out the lecture titles, information about the instructor, or to register, go here.
also by Paula Newton
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017