Three times a year, Artpace in San Antonio hosts eight-week long artist residencies comprised of one international, one national, and one Texas-based artist. While national and international artists cannot apply, the Texas-based artists are chosen from an annual open call for submissions. Along with living and working quarters, all residents receive travel expenses, a living stipend, and a materials budget.
For each round, guest curators make their selections a year in advance, so this year’s open call is for spring, summer, and fall of 2018. Though Artpace has not selected the 2018 curators, past years have featured Helen Molesworth, Hans Ulrich Obrist, and Ute Meta Bauer. 2015 Texas Artpace residents were: Autumn Knight (Houston), Gabriel Martinez (Houston), and Larry Bamburg (Marfa).
also by Glasstire
- Art Dirt 5: Celebrities Doing Performance Art + Artists and Gentrification - May 28th, 2017
- No More Free Parking at the MFAH - May 28th, 2017
- This and That: Sol Lewitt at Rice Gallery / a Wall at UH - May 27th, 2017
- Chad Dawkins Hired as Director of Exhibitions at Southwest School of Art - May 27th, 2017
- 300 Years of American Prints Opens This Sunday at the DMA - May 26th, 2017