We know that adult coloring books are all the rage lately—from national coloring book day to worldwide pencil shortages, this creative trend just won’t die. Good news, however, for those who can afford to buy high-end art supplies: CNN reports that fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld has teamed up with Faber-Castell to create a $3,323 art supply kit.
Named the KARLBOX, the art supplies box, designed to resemble a Chinese wedding cabinet, is filled with tools personally selected by Lagerfeld.
“Since I was a little child in Germany, Faber-Castell has been the most famous brand known for its especially good quality. That reputation remains just as true today, particularly for artist pencils,” says Lagerfeld.
“To me, drawing is like breathing and writing. These are things that almost relax me.”
Other things you could buy for $3,323:
417 tubes of Liquitex BASICS Acrylic Paint
31,367 Dixon Ticonderoga #2 Pencils
20 HP Chromebooks
118 of these art supply kits
1178 bottles of Heinz Tomato Ketchup
23 hours of college at Houston Community College
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: May 25, 2017 - May 25th, 2017
- Menil's 2017 Walter Hopps Award Goes to Reem Fadda - May 24th, 2017
- This and That: Menil Drawing Institute / Pompeii - May 23rd, 2017
- Two Large-Scale Ai Weiwei Sculptures Come to Austin this Summer - May 22nd, 2017
- Here's Nasher's Summer Series Line-Up - May 21st, 2017