The Department of Art and Art History and Visual Arts Center has announced that Jade Walker is stepping down as director of the Visual Arts Center (VAC) as of October 3 to “pursue work on other projects,” reports the department newsletter. Walker has been with the VAC since it opened up in 2010.
Before the VAC, Walker was the director at the Creative Research Laboratory, a site for contemporary art and design by students and faculty located in Austin’s Eastside, and previously worked at Austin Museum of Art-Laguna Gloria (now The Contemporary Austin).
Let’s hope that “other projects” means that we’ll get to see her own artwork in exhibitions more frequently.
also by Paula Newton
- ALH Artists Inspire Latest Version of Debtfair at Whitney Biennial - December 7th, 2016
- Judd Foundation Releases More Judd Writings - December 2nd, 2016
- And Speaking of Space - December 1st, 2016
- SXSW+Art! - November 30th, 2016
- Artists: Join the Space Poop Challenge! - November 29th, 2016