Okay, Salvador Dali is not on the panel, nor is Jeff Koons or Julian Schnabel, but San Antonio’s Southwest School of Art has put together a program entitled “Working Artists Panel,” which will take place Thursday, September 8, from 5:30-7:30pm. Here is the description:
Learn how professional artists found their career in art, what challenges they faced along the way and how they discovered success! Artists in attendance will be Andy Benavides (SmartSA, 1906 Studio), Kim Bishop (Art to the Third Power), Margaret Craig (SSA Printmaking Chair), Ramin Samandari (Magical Realism Studio) and Mark and Angela Walley (Walley Films). RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do you define artistic success? Get some tips. Avoid the pitfalls. Ask the hard questions (of yourself and the panelists).
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017