It keeps happening every year and it starts up again tomorrow! The Houston Fringe Festival kicks of with a performance by Cirque La Vie. They “showcase their communal love of all things circus” and “have formed a family that together combats the banality of everyday life.”
The Fringe Festival can involve circus acts, modern dance, poetry, or peanut butter. Most of these will likely be represented in the festival’s closing night, August 28, at Frenetic Theater. If performance art scares you, this is the event for you. There will be a wide variety of craziness, but all are limited to ten minutes or less.
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017