It keeps happening every year and it starts up again tomorrow! The Houston Fringe Festival kicks of with a performance by Cirque La Vie. They “showcase their communal love of all things circus” and “have formed a family that together combats the banality of everyday life.”
The Fringe Festival can involve circus acts, modern dance, poetry, or peanut butter. Most of these will likely be represented in the festival’s closing night, August 28, at Frenetic Theater. If performance art scares you, this is the event for you. There will be a wide variety of craziness, but all are limited to ten minutes or less.
also by Paula Newton
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016
- Austin’s EAST Announces Participating Artists - September 16th, 2016