It keeps happening every year and it starts up again tomorrow! The Houston Fringe Festival kicks of with a performance by Cirque La Vie. They “showcase their communal love of all things circus” and “have formed a family that together combats the banality of everyday life.”
The Fringe Festival can involve circus acts, modern dance, poetry, or peanut butter. Most of these will likely be represented in the festival’s closing night, August 28, at Frenetic Theater. If performance art scares you, this is the event for you. There will be a wide variety of craziness, but all are limited to ten minutes or less.
also by Paula Newton
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017
- Artist Appropriates Trump Slogan for “Painfully Powerful Statement” - March 17th, 2017