It keeps happening every year and it starts up again tomorrow! The Houston Fringe Festival kicks of with a performance by Cirque La Vie. They “showcase their communal love of all things circus” and “have formed a family that together combats the banality of everyday life.”
The Fringe Festival can involve circus acts, modern dance, poetry, or peanut butter. Most of these will likely be represented in the festival’s closing night, August 28, at Frenetic Theater. If performance art scares you, this is the event for you. There will be a wide variety of craziness, but all are limited to ten minutes or less.
also by Paula Newton
- Oregon May Have Outdone Texas’ CowParade - September 22nd, 2017
- MFAH: New Position, New Curator - September 21st, 2017
- Bastrop Art Center Near Completion - September 20th, 2017
- Neo-Nazi Posters Found Plastered Around UH Campus - September 19th, 2017
- Arts Orgs Impacted by Harvey Must Attend Meeting to Apply for FEMA - September 18th, 2017