It keeps happening every year and it starts up again tomorrow! The Houston Fringe Festival kicks of with a performance by Cirque La Vie. They “showcase their communal love of all things circus” and “have formed a family that together combats the banality of everyday life.”
The Fringe Festival can involve circus acts, modern dance, poetry, or peanut butter. Most of these will likely be represented in the festival’s closing night, August 28, at Frenetic Theater. If performance art scares you, this is the event for you. There will be a wide variety of craziness, but all are limited to ten minutes or less.
also by Paula Newton
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017
- Support Artists for the Holidays - November 17th, 2017
- Lost Leonardo da Vinci Painting Breaks All Art Auction Records. By Far. - November 16th, 2017
- S.A. Artists Receive $25K Joan Mitchell Grants - November 15th, 2017
- Art Put to Work: San Antonio Artist Makes a Solar Mural - November 14th, 2017