An announcement came through Facebook today that after two years of development, Bike Marfa is up and running. This bike-share program/app in the art-pilgrimage town right now boasts 14 brand-spanking new bicycles which can be picked up and dropped off at two central locations: in front of the Hotel Paisano and Marfa Public Radio. The wi-fi connections on both sites facilitate easy rental for users with cell phones and credit cards.
You need to download the app to use Bike Marfa. Rentals cost $2 an hour, and “Front and rear lights are solar powered and theft-proof (in theory!).” The town may be small, but you should obey traffic laws. Seats are adjustable, and tires are basically run-flat, which is handy.
also by Glasstire
- Get a Free Ticket to Make Art at Burning Man! - July 24th, 2017
- Art Dirt 8: Sex Robots, Scaramucci's Mark Twain Tweet, When Artists' Ideas Are Stolen - July 23rd, 2017
- Discovery Green & Houston First Commission work by Dallas Collective - July 23rd, 2017
- Installation Art Gone Wrong: Creepy Realtor Headshot Edition - July 22nd, 2017
- City of Houston Wants Artists for its New Residency - July 21st, 2017