An announcement came through Facebook today that after two years of development, Bike Marfa is up and running. This bike-share program/app in the art-pilgrimage town right now boasts 14 brand-spanking new bicycles which can be picked up and dropped off at two central locations: in front of the Hotel Paisano and Marfa Public Radio. The wi-fi connections on both sites facilitate easy rental for users with cell phones and credit cards.
You need to download the app to use Bike Marfa. Rentals cost $2 an hour, and “Front and rear lights are solar powered and theft-proof (in theory!).” The town may be small, but you should obey traffic laws. Seats are adjustable, and tires are basically run-flat, which is handy.
also by Glasstire
- Art Dirt 5: Celebrities Doing Performance Art + Artists and Gentrification - May 28th, 2017
- No More Free Parking at the MFAH - May 28th, 2017
- This and That: Sol Lewitt at Rice Gallery / a Wall at UH - May 27th, 2017
- Chad Dawkins Hired as Director of Exhibitions at Southwest School of Art - May 27th, 2017
- 300 Years of American Prints Opens This Sunday at the DMA - May 26th, 2017