An announcement came through Facebook today that after two years of development, Bike Marfa is up and running. This bike-share program/app in the art-pilgrimage town right now boasts 14 brand-spanking new bicycles which can be picked up and dropped off at two central locations: in front of the Hotel Paisano and Marfa Public Radio. The wi-fi connections on both sites facilitate easy rental for users with cell phones and credit cards.
You need to download the app to use Bike Marfa. Rentals cost $2 an hour, and “Front and rear lights are solar powered and theft-proof (in theory!).” The town may be small, but you should obey traffic laws. Seats are adjustable, and tires are basically run-flat, which is handy.
also by Glasstire
- Blanton Announces New Curatorial Position and Appointment - December 2nd, 2016
- Scott Gilbert’s True Artist Tales Part 2 - December 2nd, 2016
- Five New Public Art Works For a Richardson Mixed-Use Development - December 1st, 2016
- Top Five: December 1, 2016 - December 1st, 2016
- MFAH Announces New Curatorial Fellows - November 30th, 2016