An announcement came through Facebook today that after two years of development, Bike Marfa is up and running. This bike-share program/app in the art-pilgrimage town right now boasts 14 brand-spanking new bicycles which can be picked up and dropped off at two central locations: in front of the Hotel Paisano and Marfa Public Radio. The wi-fi connections on both sites facilitate easy rental for users with cell phones and credit cards.
You need to download the app to use Bike Marfa. Rentals cost $2 an hour, and “Front and rear lights are solar powered and theft-proof (in theory!).” The town may be small, but you should obey traffic laws. Seats are adjustable, and tires are basically run-flat, which is handy.
also by Glasstire
- Craft Artists: Houston's Center for Contemporary Craft Wants You! - January 22nd, 2017
- Today, January 21: a Concert in Houston & Butt Prints in San Antonio - January 21st, 2017
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017
- A Whopper of an Artwork for Your Inauguration Day - January 18th, 2017