An announcement came through Facebook today that after two years of development, Bike Marfa is up and running. This bike-share program/app in the art-pilgrimage town right now boasts 14 brand-spanking new bicycles which can be picked up and dropped off at two central locations: in front of the Hotel Paisano and Marfa Public Radio. The wi-fi connections on both sites facilitate easy rental for users with cell phones and credit cards.
You need to download the app to use Bike Marfa. Rentals cost $2 an hour, and “Front and rear lights are solar powered and theft-proof (in theory!).” The town may be small, but you should obey traffic laws. Seats are adjustable, and tires are basically run-flat, which is handy.
also by Glasstire
- Project Your Work Outdoors at 'Bring Your Own Beamer' in Dallas - September 23rd, 2017
- Rice University's Fondren Library Acquires Contemporary Arts Museum Houston Archive - September 22nd, 2017
- Free Workshop This Saturday To Help Save Water-Damaged Art Objects - September 21st, 2017
- Salvador Dalí is NOT the Father! - September 21st, 2017
- Top Five: September 21, 2017 with Lucia Simek - September 21st, 2017