Texas art critic/historian/curator Andy Campbell has recently accepted a position at the USC Roski School of Art and Design in Los Angeles, California. A graduate of UT’s art history PhD program, Campbell wrote regularly for the Austin Chronicle and Art Forum and was a a critic-in-residence at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston’s Core Program from 2014-2016.
During his time in Houston, Campbell curated a show of works by Dean Sameshima at She Works Flexible and received a Houston Arts Alliance Individual Artist Grant to organize his PoMo Houston Bus Tour, a guided trip looking at the history of postmodern buildings in Houston. Before that, he was a co-founder of DYKON/FAGATRON, a Charge Grant-winning, monthly queer dance party. Most recently, Campbell was a juror for South Texas’ 2016 Eyes Got It prize.
To learn more about Andy Campbell, go here.
also by Glasstire
- SHSU Hosts an Art Walk in Huntsville - February 21st, 2017
- Glasstire names Christina Rees as Editor-in-Chief - February 20th, 2017
- Houston Music Venue Announces Community Arts Initiative - February 20th, 2017
- San Antonio DACA Art Student Detained by Immigration Officials - February 19th, 2017
- February 18: Artists Talks in Houston & 20+ Openings in Dallas - February 18th, 2017