Texas art critic/historian/curator Andy Campbell has recently accepted a position at the USC Roski School of Art and Design in Los Angeles, California. A graduate of UT’s art history PhD program, Campbell wrote regularly for the Austin Chronicle and Art Forum and was a a critic-in-residence at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston’s Core Program from 2014-2016.
During his time in Houston, Campbell curated a show of works by Dean Sameshima at She Works Flexible and received a Houston Arts Alliance Individual Artist Grant to organize his PoMo Houston Bus Tour, a guided trip looking at the history of postmodern buildings in Houston. Before that, he was a co-founder of DYKON/FAGATRON, a Charge Grant-winning, monthly queer dance party. Most recently, Campbell was a juror for South Texas’ 2016 Eyes Got It prize.
To learn more about Andy Campbell, go here.
also by Glasstire
- RIP Hunting Art Prize - September 27th, 2016
- Pierre Huyghe Wins the Second Annual $100,000 Nasher Prize - September 26th, 2016
- Naked Donald Trump Statue for Sale - September 24th, 2016
- Rienzi Gets a New Director - September 24th, 2016
- Rice Engineer and MFAH Artist Are 2016 MacArthur Geniuses - September 24th, 2016