Texas art critic/historian/curator Andy Campbell has recently accepted a position at the USC Roski School of Art and Design in Los Angeles, California. A graduate of UT’s art history PhD program, Campbell wrote regularly for the Austin Chronicle and Art Forum and was a a critic-in-residence at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston’s Core Program from 2014-2016.
During his time in Houston, Campbell curated a show of works by Dean Sameshima at She Works Flexible and received a Houston Arts Alliance Individual Artist Grant to organize his PoMo Houston Bus Tour, a guided trip looking at the history of postmodern buildings in Houston. Before that, he was a co-founder of DYKON/FAGATRON, a Charge Grant-winning, monthly queer dance party. Most recently, Campbell was a juror for South Texas’ 2016 Eyes Got It prize.
To learn more about Andy Campbell, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Blanton Gifted Set of Leon Polk Smith Paintings and Drawings - August 17th, 2017
- Top Five: August 17, 2017 - August 16th, 2017
- The Tom of Finland Movie - August 16th, 2017
- Gunnar Birkerts, Architect Who Designed CAMH, Dies at 92 - August 16th, 2017
- Dallas Architecture Forum Hosts Chinati and MASS MoCA - August 15th, 2017