The Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas has announced the fall season lineup for its ongoing 360 speaker series. Via Nasher: the series “…features conversations and lectures on the ever-expanding definition of sculpture and the thinking behind some of the world’s most innovative artwork, architecture, and design.”
Aug. 27: a panel discussion called Plaster: Medium and Process. This panel goes along with “an installation of plaster sculpture from the Nasher Collection,” and is made up of art historians and artists who “will discuss the history and materiality of plaster.”
Sept. 10: Los Angeles-based artist Kathryn Andrews, to go along with her upcoming Nasher exhibition Run for President.
Oct. 22: Artist Michael Dean, who is shortlisted for the 2016 Turner Prize, has his first solo museum show in the U.S. at the Nasher.
Nov. 12: Young video artist Rachel Rose (U.S.A) has recently exhibited extensively in Europe in New York and continues to have full dance card for the foreseeable future.
Also: “Lectures are free with museum admission: $10 for adults, $7 for seniors, $5 for students, and free for Members. Seating is limited, and reservations are requested. Immediately following the presentation, guests will enjoy a wine reception with RSVP.”
For more info, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Houston Music Venue Announces Community Arts Initiative - February 20th, 2017
- San Antonio DACA Art Student Detained by Immigration Officials - February 19th, 2017
- February 18: Artists Talks in Houston & 20+ Openings in Dallas - February 18th, 2017
- Michael Peranteau to Step Down from Art League Houston - February 17th, 2017
- A $2 Million Gift for Upcoming Museum in Dallas - February 16th, 2017