The Nasher Sculpture Center in Dallas has announced the fall season lineup for its ongoing 360 speaker series. Via Nasher: the series “…features conversations and lectures on the ever-expanding definition of sculpture and the thinking behind some of the world’s most innovative artwork, architecture, and design.”
Aug. 27: a panel discussion called Plaster: Medium and Process. This panel goes along with “an installation of plaster sculpture from the Nasher Collection,” and is made up of art historians and artists who “will discuss the history and materiality of plaster.”
Sept. 10: Los Angeles-based artist Kathryn Andrews, to go along with her upcoming Nasher exhibition Run for President.
Oct. 22: Artist Michael Dean, who is shortlisted for the 2016 Turner Prize, has his first solo museum show in the U.S. at the Nasher.
Nov. 12: Young video artist Rachel Rose (U.S.A) has recently exhibited extensively in Europe in New York and continues to have full dance card for the foreseeable future.
Also: “Lectures are free with museum admission: $10 for adults, $7 for seniors, $5 for students, and free for Members. Seating is limited, and reservations are requested. Immediately following the presentation, guests will enjoy a wine reception with RSVP.”
For more info, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Entire White House Arts Committee Resigns in Protest - August 18th, 2017
- Blanton Gifted Set of Leon Polk Smith Paintings and Drawings - August 17th, 2017
- Top Five: August 17, 2017 - August 16th, 2017
- The Tom of Finland Movie - August 16th, 2017
- Gunnar Birkerts, Architect Who Designed CAMH, Dies at 92 - August 16th, 2017