In April, the Galveston Artist Residency (GAR) launched the first edition of its quarterly arts zine called BINDER. Published by Super Hit Press (along with GAR), the first volume features artist contributors such as Josh Bernstein, Jamal Cyrus, Kate Funkhouser, Jesse Bransford, Dave Dove, Joshua Edwards, Victoria Sambunaris, and Zachary Moser. The editors at large for this volume are Sallie Barbee, Dan Schmahl, and Eric Schnell. (Schnell had an exhibition titled Binder last year at the Galveston Arts Center.)
Since its launch, hardcopies of Volume No. 1 have been available at GAR itself, along with the Marfa Book Company, the Menil Collection Bookstore, and the Galveston Arts Center.
also by Glasstire
- RIP Hunting Art Prize - September 27th, 2016
- Pierre Huyghe Wins the Second Annual $100,000 Nasher Prize - September 26th, 2016
- Naked Donald Trump Statue for Sale - September 24th, 2016
- Rienzi Gets a New Director - September 24th, 2016
- Rice Engineer and MFAH Artist Are 2016 MacArthur Geniuses - September 24th, 2016