In April, the Galveston Artist Residency (GAR) launched the first edition of its quarterly arts zine called BINDER. Published by Super Hit Press (along with GAR), the first volume features artist contributors such as Josh Bernstein, Jamal Cyrus, Kate Funkhouser, Jesse Bransford, Dave Dove, Joshua Edwards, Victoria Sambunaris, and Zachary Moser. The editors at large for this volume are Sallie Barbee, Dan Schmahl, and Eric Schnell. (Schnell had an exhibition titled Binder last year at the Galveston Arts Center.)
Since its launch, hardcopies of Volume No. 1 have been available at GAR itself, along with the Marfa Book Company, the Menil Collection Bookstore, and the Galveston Arts Center.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017
- A Whopper of an Artwork for Your Inauguration Day - January 18th, 2017
- FotoFest Announces 2018 Biennial Theme & More - January 16th, 2017
- Section of Berlin Wall at Rice University Defaced with Pro-Trump Graffiti - January 15th, 2017
- Houston Performance Art Festival Announces Lineup — And It's Good! - January 14th, 2017