In April, the Galveston Artist Residency (GAR) launched the first edition of its quarterly arts zine called BINDER. Published by Super Hit Press (along with GAR), the first volume features artist contributors such as Josh Bernstein, Jamal Cyrus, Kate Funkhouser, Jesse Bransford, Dave Dove, Joshua Edwards, Victoria Sambunaris, and Zachary Moser. The editors at large for this volume are Sallie Barbee, Dan Schmahl, and Eric Schnell. (Schnell had an exhibition titled Binder last year at the Galveston Arts Center.)
Since its launch, hardcopies of Volume No. 1 have been available at GAR itself, along with the Marfa Book Company, the Menil Collection Bookstore, and the Galveston Arts Center.
also by Glasstire
- Filmmakers: the city of Austin wants to screen your work - December 5th, 2016
- Blanton Announces New Curatorial Position and Appointment - December 2nd, 2016
- Scott Gilbert’s True Artist Tales Part 2 - December 2nd, 2016
- Five New Public Art Works For a Richardson Mixed-Use Development - December 1st, 2016
- Top Five: December 1, 2016 - December 1st, 2016