In April, the Galveston Artist Residency (GAR) launched the first edition of its quarterly arts zine called BINDER. Published by Super Hit Press (along with GAR), the first volume features artist contributors such as Josh Bernstein, Jamal Cyrus, Kate Funkhouser, Jesse Bransford, Dave Dove, Joshua Edwards, Victoria Sambunaris, and Zachary Moser. The editors at large for this volume are Sallie Barbee, Dan Schmahl, and Eric Schnell. (Schnell had an exhibition titled Binder last year at the Galveston Arts Center.)
Since its launch, hardcopies of Volume No. 1 have been available at GAR itself, along with the Marfa Book Company, the Menil Collection Bookstore, and the Galveston Arts Center.
also by Glasstire
- Derek Jeter Wants to Kill Red Grooms' Baseball Installation - August 20th, 2017
- No Longer Art (Yet Another Proposal for Removed Confederate Statues) - August 19th, 2017
- Entire White House Arts Committee Resigns in Protest - August 18th, 2017
- Blanton Gifted Set of Leon Polk Smith Paintings and Drawings - August 17th, 2017
- Top Five: August 17, 2017 - August 16th, 2017