There’s a wonderful piece in the New York Times from August 4th about Alex Schweder and Ward Shelley‘s spinning house titled “Reactor.” The collaborators inhabited a shared space for five days and kept a journal of the experience. Shelley wrote the following in one entry:
My last job is the grocery shopping run for our week’s provisions and getting that aboard. As we cross the starting timeline, I feel the tension dissipate. There’s nothing more to be done. This is it, what we have. O.K. On cue, the wind picks up and we begin to twirl. I begin to fall in love.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: June 22, 2017 - June 22nd, 2017
- Quiz: Thomas Struth or NYT? - June 21st, 2017
- Solange Knowles Is Coming to Marfa - June 21st, 2017
- Fashion & Art: Coach Presents "City Wide" Exhibition by Dallas Artist Arthur Peña - June 20th, 2017
- Houston's Punk History, in Posters - June 20th, 2017