There’s a wonderful piece in the New York Times from August 4th about Alex Schweder and Ward Shelley‘s spinning house titled “Reactor.” The collaborators inhabited a shared space for five days and kept a journal of the experience. Shelley wrote the following in one entry:
My last job is the grocery shopping run for our week’s provisions and getting that aboard. As we cross the starting timeline, I feel the tension dissipate. There’s nothing more to be done. This is it, what we have. O.K. On cue, the wind picks up and we begin to twirl. I begin to fall in love.
also by Glasstire
- Pierre Huyghe Wins the Second Annual $100,000 Nasher Prize - September 26th, 2016
- Naked Donald Trump Statue for Sale - September 24th, 2016
- Rienzi Gets a New Director - September 24th, 2016
- Rice Engineer and MFAH Artist Are 2016 MacArthur Geniuses - September 24th, 2016
- City of Georgetown Calls For Public Art Proposals - September 23rd, 2016