There’s a wonderful piece in the New York Times from August 4th about Alex Schweder and Ward Shelley‘s spinning house titled “Reactor.” The collaborators inhabited a shared space for five days and kept a journal of the experience. Shelley wrote the following in one entry:
My last job is the grocery shopping run for our week’s provisions and getting that aboard. As we cross the starting timeline, I feel the tension dissipate. There’s nothing more to be done. This is it, what we have. O.K. On cue, the wind picks up and we begin to twirl. I begin to fall in love.
also by Glasstire
- Blanton Gifted Set of Leon Polk Smith Paintings and Drawings - August 17th, 2017
- Top Five: August 17, 2017 - August 16th, 2017
- The Tom of Finland Movie - August 16th, 2017
- Gunnar Birkerts, Architect Who Designed CAMH, Dies at 92 - August 16th, 2017
- Dallas Architecture Forum Hosts Chinati and MASS MoCA - August 15th, 2017