There’s a wonderful piece in the New York Times from August 4th about Alex Schweder and Ward Shelley‘s spinning house titled “Reactor.” The collaborators inhabited a shared space for five days and kept a journal of the experience. Shelley wrote the following in one entry:
My last job is the grocery shopping run for our week’s provisions and getting that aboard. As we cross the starting timeline, I feel the tension dissipate. There’s nothing more to be done. This is it, what we have. O.K. On cue, the wind picks up and we begin to twirl. I begin to fall in love.
also by Glasstire
- City of Austin Announces First Artist-in-Residence - April 23rd, 2017
- Celebrate Earth Day with an Environmentally Conscious Film Festival - April 22nd, 2017
- West Austin Studio Tour Artists Announced - April 21st, 2017
- DMA Announces 2017 Artist Award Winners - April 20th, 2017
- Sixto Wagan Performs Again! - April 20th, 2017