This coming week, hip-hop artist Swizz Beatz is launching No Commission NY, a new art fair taking place in the Bronx from August 11-14. The fair, which was first presented in Miami during Art Basel, is artist-centered—it is giving the participating artists free exhibition space and not taking any cut from their sales. Artnet reported further:
The fair, which will be held at a to-be-announced waterfront warehouse (but apparently not the same one that hosted Lucien Smith‘s tasteless Halloween bash?), is being presented by Bacardi and the Dean Collection, featuring the recording artist’s personal art holdings (Swizz was born Kasseem Dean).
The event is being billed as an “immersive experience where art and music collide” and will feature special musical performances in addition to contemporary art from 36 artists. No word on whether there will be a set from Swizz himself, who rocked this year‘s Brooklyn Artists Ball at the Brooklyn Museum.
To see a full list of participating artists, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Apply for DiverseWorks' 2017 Diverse Discourse Studio Visit Program - February 26th, 2017
- Houston Artist Nestor Topchy Wins National Reuse Contest - February 25th, 2017
- Texas Artist Develops Genius (and fun) New Art App for Your Phone - February 24th, 2017
- DO NOT Miss Lionel Maunz's Talk At SMU Next Week - February 23rd, 2017
- Top Five: February 23, 2017 - February 23rd, 2017