If you’re planning on driving down I10 to or from Houston in the next couple months, you should stop at Jerry Mikeska’s Bar-B-Q in Columbus, TX. In addition to food, the restaurant has a number of taxidermied animals hung up on the wall. Here’s a blurb about the Jerry Mikeska’s from Roadside America:
Don’t let the unassuming octagonal building fool you. Mikeska’s BBQ is a treasure trove of taxidermy! Dine under the baleful gaze of a Noah’s Ark full of creatures and then take your after dinner mint from the baskets held by stuffed polar bear cubs (dressed up in cheerful red bow ties).
also by Glasstire
- Rice Engineer and MFAH Artist Are 2016 MacArthur Geniuses - September 24th, 2016
- City of Georgetown Calls For Public Art Proposals - September 23rd, 2016
- Project Row Houses Announces Next Artist Round - September 23rd, 2016
- Top Five: September 22, 2016 - September 22nd, 2016
- Blue Star Hosts a Public Berlin Brunch - September 20th, 2016