If you’re planning on driving down I10 to or from Houston in the next couple months, you should stop at Jerry Mikeska’s Bar-B-Q in Columbus, TX. In addition to food, the restaurant has a number of taxidermied animals hung up on the wall. Here’s a blurb about the Jerry Mikeska’s from Roadside America:
Don’t let the unassuming octagonal building fool you. Mikeska’s BBQ is a treasure trove of taxidermy! Dine under the baleful gaze of a Noah’s Ark full of creatures and then take your after dinner mint from the baskets held by stuffed polar bear cubs (dressed up in cheerful red bow ties).
also by Glasstire
- Craft Artists: Houston's Center for Contemporary Craft Wants You! - January 22nd, 2017
- Today, January 21: a Concert in Houston & Butt Prints in San Antonio - January 21st, 2017
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017
- A Whopper of an Artwork for Your Inauguration Day - January 18th, 2017