If you’re planning on driving down I10 to or from Houston in the next couple months, you should stop at Jerry Mikeska’s Bar-B-Q in Columbus, TX. In addition to food, the restaurant has a number of taxidermied animals hung up on the wall. Here’s a blurb about the Jerry Mikeska’s from Roadside America:
Don’t let the unassuming octagonal building fool you. Mikeska’s BBQ is a treasure trove of taxidermy! Dine under the baleful gaze of a Noah’s Ark full of creatures and then take your after dinner mint from the baskets held by stuffed polar bear cubs (dressed up in cheerful red bow ties).
also by Glasstire
- Project Your Work Outdoors at 'Bring Your Own Beamer' in Dallas - September 23rd, 2017
- Rice University's Fondren Library Acquires Contemporary Arts Museum Houston Archive - September 22nd, 2017
- Free Workshop This Saturday To Help Save Water-Damaged Art Objects - September 21st, 2017
- Salvador Dalí is NOT the Father! - September 21st, 2017
- Top Five: September 21, 2017 with Lucia Simek - September 21st, 2017