If you’re planning on driving down I10 to or from Houston in the next couple months, you should stop at Jerry Mikeska’s Bar-B-Q in Columbus, TX. In addition to food, the restaurant has a number of taxidermied animals hung up on the wall. Here’s a blurb about the Jerry Mikeska’s from Roadside America:
Don’t let the unassuming octagonal building fool you. Mikeska’s BBQ is a treasure trove of taxidermy! Dine under the baleful gaze of a Noah’s Ark full of creatures and then take your after dinner mint from the baskets held by stuffed polar bear cubs (dressed up in cheerful red bow ties).
also by Glasstire
- Art Dirt 5: Celebrities Doing Performance Art + Artists and Gentrification - May 28th, 2017
- No More Free Parking at the MFAH - May 28th, 2017
- This and That: Sol Lewitt at Rice Gallery / a Wall at UH - May 27th, 2017
- Chad Dawkins Hired as Director of Exhibitions at Southwest School of Art - May 27th, 2017
- 300 Years of American Prints Opens This Sunday at the DMA - May 26th, 2017