If you’re planning on driving down I10 to or from Houston in the next couple months, you should stop at Jerry Mikeska’s Bar-B-Q in Columbus, TX. In addition to food, the restaurant has a number of taxidermied animals hung up on the wall. Here’s a blurb about the Jerry Mikeska’s from Roadside America:
Don’t let the unassuming octagonal building fool you. Mikeska’s BBQ is a treasure trove of taxidermy! Dine under the baleful gaze of a Noah’s Ark full of creatures and then take your after dinner mint from the baskets held by stuffed polar bear cubs (dressed up in cheerful red bow ties).
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: November 23, 2017 - November 23rd, 2017
- The Art Lending Library Opens This Weekend in Galveston - November 21st, 2017
- Art League Houston Extends Open Call Deadline - November 20th, 2017
- Marfa Myths Festival Returns in 2018 - November 19th, 2017
- DMA Curator Gavin Delahunty Resigns Over Allegations of "inappropriate behavior" - November 18th, 2017