The Museum of Ice Cream opens today!
Unfortunately, the pop up museum (up through August 31) is not located in Texas, but in New York‘s Meatpacking District. NYC has not perfected the art of air conditioning to the same degree as Texas has, so maybe they need it even more.
It includes a chocolate room, a scooper-shaped seesaw, an ice cream sandwich swing and a pool of rainbow ice cream sprinkles that’s large enough to swim in (but don’t—that’s gross).
Tickets are already sold out, but today is free to the public, and there are rumors that extra tickets may be released on the museum’s Instagram account.
also by Paula Newton
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017
- Party! Come Congratulate the Idea Fund Grantees - January 12th, 2017
- Phillip Johnson and "Kitty Porn" - January 10th, 2017
- Houston Curator Receives Warhol Foundation Grant - January 9th, 2017