The Museum of Ice Cream opens today!
Unfortunately, the pop up museum (up through August 31) is not located in Texas, but in New York‘s Meatpacking District. NYC has not perfected the art of air conditioning to the same degree as Texas has, so maybe they need it even more.
It includes a chocolate room, a scooper-shaped seesaw, an ice cream sandwich swing and a pool of rainbow ice cream sprinkles that’s large enough to swim in (but don’t—that’s gross).
Tickets are already sold out, but today is free to the public, and there are rumors that extra tickets may be released on the museum’s Instagram account.
also by Paula Newton
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016