The Museum of Ice Cream opens today!
Unfortunately, the pop up museum (up through August 31) is not located in Texas, but in New York‘s Meatpacking District. NYC has not perfected the art of air conditioning to the same degree as Texas has, so maybe they need it even more.
It includes a chocolate room, a scooper-shaped seesaw, an ice cream sandwich swing and a pool of rainbow ice cream sprinkles that’s large enough to swim in (but don’t—that’s gross).
Tickets are already sold out, but today is free to the public, and there are rumors that extra tickets may be released on the museum’s Instagram account.
also by Paula Newton
- I Never Liked Art: Vito Acconci, 1940-2017 - April 29th, 2017
- What’s the Chinati Foundation Up To? - April 28th, 2017
- Filmmaker Jonathan Demme, 1944-2017 - April 27th, 2017
- What They Don’t Teach You in Art School - April 26th, 2017
- University Art Students: Sell Your Work On New Online Platform - April 25th, 2017