ATX has a great new space called de stijl | PODIUM FOR ART. The gallery’s inaugural show, One / Sixth, is comprised of works by six black alumni of the University of Texas at Austin’s Masters of Fine Arts program. Here’s a clip of Janaye Brown’s 2014 video Rocks, with Salt.
One / Sixth is on view through August 13.
Note from the gallery:
On May 9th, we learned that Wendel A. White earned his MFA at UT as well. He graduated in 1982. He should have been included in our endeavors and we would have enjoyed incorporating his art into this exhibition. Mr. White is a successful photographer and Distinguished Professor of Art at the School of Arts & Humanities at Stockton University in New Jersey. He is currently working on a project at the Smithsonian. We have apologized to Mr. White and also want to extend this apology to anyone else affected by our omission.
also by Brandon Zech
- Louise Hopkins Underwood, 1919-2017 - March 8th, 2017
- The Art World Goes a Day Without Women - March 8th, 2017
- Not Just Naked People: Experimental Action Performance Art Festival in Houston - February 27th, 2017
- Round-Up: Three Shows in San Antonio and Austin - February 3rd, 2017
- Some Inauguration Day Wisdom from Pussy Riot, from their recent Texas Visit - January 19th, 2017