ATX has a great new space called de stijl | PODIUM FOR ART. The gallery’s inaugural show, One / Sixth, is comprised of works by six black alumni of the University of Texas at Austin’s Masters of Fine Arts program. Here’s a clip of Janaye Brown’s 2014 video Rocks, with Salt.
One / Sixth is on view through August 13.
Note from the gallery:
On May 9th, we learned that Wendel A. White earned his MFA at UT as well. He graduated in 1982. He should have been included in our endeavors and we would have enjoyed incorporating his art into this exhibition. Mr. White is a successful photographer and Distinguished Professor of Art at the School of Arts & Humanities at Stockton University in New Jersey. He is currently working on a project at the Smithsonian. We have apologized to Mr. White and also want to extend this apology to anyone else affected by our omission.
also by Brandon Zech
- Sean Starwars: Woodcut Funhouse - August 9th, 2017
- 'Daydreams and Other Monsters' at UTSA - August 4th, 2017
- Why this Year's Galveston Artist Residency Exhibition is Different - July 19th, 2017
- Andres Serrano at the Station Museum of Contemporary Art, Houston - June 23rd, 2017
- Michael Menchaca at BLUEorange - June 14th, 2017