Under new ownership, the Houston Art Fair (formerly the Houston Fine Art Fair) will take place at Silver Street Studios on September 30-October 2. Last year the Houston Art Fair’s reins were taken over by Urban Expositions (a Georgia-based events producer) when it was sold (along with other regional art fairs including ArtAspen and ArtHamptons) by Rick Friedman’s Hamptons Expo Group. Let’s see what Urban Expositions does with it. Reportedly there will be 45 exhibitors, though their names haven’t yet been released.
Note: this is the same weekend as its primary competitor’s fair, the Texas Contemporary, which will as usual be at the George R. Brown Convention Center. (And again, the question: Is Houston big enough for two contemporary art fairs?)
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017
- A Whopper of an Artwork for Your Inauguration Day - January 18th, 2017
- FotoFest Announces 2018 Biennial Theme & More - January 16th, 2017
- Section of Berlin Wall at Rice University Defaced with Pro-Trump Graffiti - January 15th, 2017
- Houston Performance Art Festival Announces Lineup — And It's Good! - January 14th, 2017