t. Rutt (David Gleeson and Mary Mihelic) are the same folks who transformed a former Trump campaign bus they bought off of Craigslist, which they have been driving around the country since last year. The collective’s website states, “The T.RUMP Bus is a non-partisan contemporary artwork,” just fiercely “anti-Trump.”
This latest work, a collage of a Trump campaign sign with rotting fruit and vegetables and other objects, is, as the artists told Hyperallergic, “about what would happen to the US if all the immigrants were stopped at the border and Trump truly deported 11 million people back to Mexico.” t. Rutt hopes that other artists will add to the wall, but for now has mailed Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto an invoice for this portion—construction of which amounts to $14,635.42.
Peña Nieto said Sunday that there is “no way” his country would ever pay for a wall between it and the United States, reports CNN.
(All images by and courtesy of David Gleeson and Mary Mihelic via Hyperallergic.)
also by Paula Newton
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017