Claudia Schmuckli, the Director and Chief Curator at the Blaffer Art Museum in Houston is leaving to take on the role of Curator-in-Charge of Contemporary Art and Programming at the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco. She starts there on September 1.
Schmuckli has been at Blaffer since 2004. She started as Director of Public Relations and became Curator in 2006. Via Blaffer:
“Her notable projects include: Analia Saban (2016), Slavs and Tatars: Mirrors for Princes (2016), Teresa Hubbard / Alexander Birchler: Sound Speed Marker (2015), Candice Breitz: The Woods (2014), Tony Feher (2012), Gabriel Kuri: Nobody Needs to Know the price of your Saab (2010), Existed: Leonardo Drew (2009), Chantal Akerman: Moving Through Time and Space (2008), Amy Sillman: Suitors & Strangers (2007) and Urs Fischer: Mary Poppins (2006).”
Also: “The University of Houston College of the Arts will conduct a national search for Schmuckli’s replacement.”
For more info, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- New Art Space Opens in Dallas This Weekend - September 29th, 2016
- The Top Five Things to See in Houston - September 29th, 2016
- Top Five: September 29, 2016 - September 29th, 2016
- RIP Hunting Art Prize - September 27th, 2016
- Pierre Huyghe Wins the Second Annual $100,000 Nasher Prize - September 26th, 2016