ArtSkool is a project of John Logan, Abby Bagby, and Rachael Anderson designed to “enlighten and excite those with limited-to-no exposure to visual culture about art through discussions about theory and practice.” ArtSkool started up in 2015 and artist Liz Trosper has joined the gang this year. The klasses feature lectures, discussions, and visits to art spaces.
There are still five klasses left in this round: July 7, July 14, July 21, July 28, and August 4. It’s free and it takes place at Dallas’ Umbrella Gallery evenings from 7-9pm. Tell your art-skared friends that you know the klasses are not intimidating at all because they spell skool with a K.
also by Paula Newton
- Rice U’s Moody Center is Almost Reality! - February 23rd, 2017
- WH Plans to Eliminate NEA and NEH as Examples of “Wastes of Taxpayer Money” - February 22nd, 2017
- S.A. Artist Wins 10K Craft Council Award - February 21st, 2017
- Happy (Not My) President’s Day! - February 20th, 2017
- SXSE: Beaumont Is a Boomtown of Film & Music - February 17th, 2017