ArtSkool is a project of John Logan, Abby Bagby, and Rachael Anderson designed to “enlighten and excite those with limited-to-no exposure to visual culture about art through discussions about theory and practice.” ArtSkool started up in 2015 and artist Liz Trosper has joined the gang this year. The klasses feature lectures, discussions, and visits to art spaces.
There are still five klasses left in this round: July 7, July 14, July 21, July 28, and August 4. It’s free and it takes place at Dallas’ Umbrella Gallery evenings from 7-9pm. Tell your art-skared friends that you know the klasses are not intimidating at all because they spell skool with a K.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017
- UPDATE: Doggy Art a Great Success! - August 14th, 2017