ArtSkool is a project of John Logan, Abby Bagby, and Rachael Anderson designed to “enlighten and excite those with limited-to-no exposure to visual culture about art through discussions about theory and practice.” ArtSkool started up in 2015 and artist Liz Trosper has joined the gang this year. The klasses feature lectures, discussions, and visits to art spaces.
There are still five klasses left in this round: July 7, July 14, July 21, July 28, and August 4. It’s free and it takes place at Dallas’ Umbrella Gallery evenings from 7-9pm. Tell your art-skared friends that you know the klasses are not intimidating at all because they spell skool with a K.
also by Paula Newton
- And the Houston Artist Town Halls Keep Coming! (This One has a Panel, a Performance, Cops, and Beer) - June 27th, 2017
- Houston Mayor Calls on Artists to Make a Place - June 26th, 2017
- Denton’s Paul Voertman, 1929-2017 - June 23rd, 2017
- Homo Artists Unite! - June 22nd, 2017
- Body Art and Chicken Wings - June 21st, 2017