ArtSkool is a project of John Logan, Abby Bagby, and Rachael Anderson designed to “enlighten and excite those with limited-to-no exposure to visual culture about art through discussions about theory and practice.” ArtSkool started up in 2015 and artist Liz Trosper has joined the gang this year. The klasses feature lectures, discussions, and visits to art spaces.
There are still five klasses left in this round: July 7, July 14, July 21, July 28, and August 4. It’s free and it takes place at Dallas’ Umbrella Gallery evenings from 7-9pm. Tell your art-skared friends that you know the klasses are not intimidating at all because they spell skool with a K.
also by Paula Newton
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017
- Party! Come Congratulate the Idea Fund Grantees - January 12th, 2017
- Phillip Johnson and "Kitty Porn" - January 10th, 2017