On July 8th from 6-9 p.m., the Menil’s bookstore in Houston is hosting an exhibition of artist books by Austin favorite Kevin McNamee-Tweed. (The bookstore, in a bungalow across the street from the Menil Collection proper, regularly hosts shows and artist events.) We assume the artist will be in attendance and his varied things will be for sale.
Via the Menil Collection’s bookstore:
Artist Books from 2008-2016, including large format unbound painted books, self-published chapbooks, home-printed zines, pirated literary collections, fabric studies, and an array of one-off, hand-drawn books.
McNamee-Tweed is increasingly well-known for his artists books and art that plays with book ideas: covers, pitches, one-liners, philosophical ruminations. He’s clever and original (and very funny). Go check out the Menil bookstore on July 9th and see what he’s been up to.
also by Glasstire
- Trenton Doyle Hancock's Texas Artist of the Year Exhibition Relocated to Former Rice Gallery - September 19th, 2017
- Google Launches Huge Archive of Latino Art - September 16th, 2017
- This and That: Yes, They're Men - September 16th, 2017
- John Biggers Mural in Houston Damaged by Hurricane Harvey - September 16th, 2017
- 3rd Annual Art Walk West is in Dallas Tomorrow - September 15th, 2017