On July 8th from 6-9 p.m., the Menil’s bookstore in Houston is hosting an exhibition of artist books by Austin favorite Kevin McNamee-Tweed. (The bookstore, in a bungalow across the street from the Menil Collection proper, regularly hosts shows and artist events.) We assume the artist will be in attendance and his varied things will be for sale.
Via the Menil Collection’s bookstore:
Artist Books from 2008-2016, including large format unbound painted books, self-published chapbooks, home-printed zines, pirated literary collections, fabric studies, and an array of one-off, hand-drawn books.
McNamee-Tweed is increasingly well-known for his artists books and art that plays with book ideas: covers, pitches, one-liners, philosophical ruminations. He’s clever and original (and very funny). Go check out the Menil bookstore on July 9th and see what he’s been up to.
also by Glasstire
- Naked Donald Trump Statue for Sale - September 24th, 2016
- Rienzi Gets a New Director - September 24th, 2016
- Rice Engineer and MFAH Artist Are 2016 MacArthur Geniuses - September 24th, 2016
- City of Georgetown Calls For Public Art Proposals - September 23rd, 2016
- Project Row Houses Announces Next Artist Round - September 23rd, 2016