On July 8th from 6-9 p.m., the Menil’s bookstore in Houston is hosting an exhibition of artist books by Austin favorite Kevin McNamee-Tweed. (The bookstore, in a bungalow across the street from the Menil Collection proper, regularly hosts shows and artist events.) We assume the artist will be in attendance and his varied things will be for sale.
Via the Menil Collection’s bookstore:
Artist Books from 2008-2016, including large format unbound painted books, self-published chapbooks, home-printed zines, pirated literary collections, fabric studies, and an array of one-off, hand-drawn books.
McNamee-Tweed is increasingly well-known for his artists books and art that plays with book ideas: covers, pitches, one-liners, philosophical ruminations. He’s clever and original (and very funny). Go check out the Menil bookstore on July 9th and see what he’s been up to.
also by Glasstire
- Houston Gallerist Lloyd Gite is Bringing Cuban Art to Texas - January 23rd, 2017
- Craft Artists: Houston's Center for Contemporary Craft Wants You! - January 22nd, 2017
- Today, January 21: a Concert in Houston & Butt Prints in San Antonio - January 21st, 2017
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017