During my recent trip to Los Angeles, I was able to see the dazzling Jizzy Lizzy‘s (aka Liz Toonkel) new work-in-progress performance at PAM, a one to two-month performance residency program directed by Brian Getnick. I Desire To Win is an endearing “hand opera” performed from behind a curtain using just her hands and voice with multiple hand-made costume changes, “co-designed and fabricated by the fabulous Kate Fry“.
Enjoy the following audio samples – “I’m so enlightened, I’m barely here.”
also by Ariane Roesch
- "Speak of the Devil" at Art League Houston - June 18th, 2017
- Not A Hobby: Tommy Gregory - June 17th, 2017
- Mr. Money Mustache wants you to bike to work in TX - June 9th, 2017
- Getting to Know Dixie Friend Gay - June 4th, 2017
- It's complicated growing up in Marfa - June 2nd, 2017