It’s just going to be steamy throughout the state this weekend, but Rockport, Texas is predicted to top out at only 90 degrees. (Check your local forecast—most places will be much worse!) You may as well go down south (for most Texans) to the Rockport Art Festival which takes place July 2-3, Saturday, 10am-6pm, and Sunday, 10am-5pm. Bring your rod and reel if you’re so inclined. Or your binoculars—the annual hummingbirds are already starting to show up.
Over 120 artists will be strutting their stuff, while they also have live music, food, and kids’ activities. It is put on by the Rockport Center for the Arts and entry fees are $7 on Saturday and $6 on Sunday (only $1 for kids 12 and under). If that’s too pricey, they still need volunteers for some three-hour shifts, which gets you in free.
also by Paula Newton
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017