It’s just going to be steamy throughout the state this weekend, but Rockport, Texas is predicted to top out at only 90 degrees. (Check your local forecast—most places will be much worse!) You may as well go down south (for most Texans) to the Rockport Art Festival which takes place July 2-3, Saturday, 10am-6pm, and Sunday, 10am-5pm. Bring your rod and reel if you’re so inclined. Or your binoculars—the annual hummingbirds are already starting to show up.
Over 120 artists will be strutting their stuff, while they also have live music, food, and kids’ activities. It is put on by the Rockport Center for the Arts and entry fees are $7 on Saturday and $6 on Sunday (only $1 for kids 12 and under). If that’s too pricey, they still need volunteers for some three-hour shifts, which gets you in free.
also by Paula Newton
- Two Texans Make ArtPrize Shortlist! - September 27th, 2016
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016