It’s just going to be steamy throughout the state this weekend, but Rockport, Texas is predicted to top out at only 90 degrees. (Check your local forecast—most places will be much worse!) You may as well go down south (for most Texans) to the Rockport Art Festival which takes place July 2-3, Saturday, 10am-6pm, and Sunday, 10am-5pm. Bring your rod and reel if you’re so inclined. Or your binoculars—the annual hummingbirds are already starting to show up.
Over 120 artists will be strutting their stuff, while they also have live music, food, and kids’ activities. It is put on by the Rockport Center for the Arts and entry fees are $7 on Saturday and $6 on Sunday (only $1 for kids 12 and under). If that’s too pricey, they still need volunteers for some three-hour shifts, which gets you in free.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Nonprofits Join the Coalition Against Hate - August 22nd, 2017
- The Solar Eclipse in Art - August 21st, 2017
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017