It’s just going to be steamy throughout the state this weekend, but Rockport, Texas is predicted to top out at only 90 degrees. (Check your local forecast—most places will be much worse!) You may as well go down south (for most Texans) to the Rockport Art Festival which takes place July 2-3, Saturday, 10am-6pm, and Sunday, 10am-5pm. Bring your rod and reel if you’re so inclined. Or your binoculars—the annual hummingbirds are already starting to show up.
Over 120 artists will be strutting their stuff, while they also have live music, food, and kids’ activities. It is put on by the Rockport Center for the Arts and entry fees are $7 on Saturday and $6 on Sunday (only $1 for kids 12 and under). If that’s too pricey, they still need volunteers for some three-hour shifts, which gets you in free.
also by Paula Newton
- Ann Hamilton Comes to Texas to Calm Us Down - January 23rd, 2017
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017