Americans for the Arts honored 38 outstanding public art projects created in 2015 at its annual convention through the Public Art Network (PAN) Year in Review program. The 38 public art works, which were selected from 260 entries around the country, include seven in Texas. Not all of the artists are from Texas, but congratulations to Texas for having the following public works commissioned:
Sotol Duet by Jon Isherwood, Uplifted Ground by Michael Singer, Hello Lamp Post by PAN Studio, Lake Nessy by Dixie Friend Gay, Las Piñatas by David Goujon, Memory: Fairmount Park by Bart Shaw, and Chroma Booster by Matthew Geller.
also by Paula Newton
- Austin’s Graffiti Park to Relocate - November 22nd, 2017
- Retooled S.A. Foundation Looking to Give $ to Local Artists - November 21st, 2017
- U.S. Tax Reform Does Not Look Good for the Arts - November 20th, 2017
- Support Artists for the Holidays - November 17th, 2017
- Lost Leonardo da Vinci Painting Breaks All Art Auction Records. By Far. - November 16th, 2017