The Church of the Friendly Ghost will again present its New Media Art & Sound Summit, with its very catchy abbreviation COTFG: NMASS2016, this week at Austin’s Salvage Vanguard Theater (the last event at the Manor Road location).
Tomorrow night’s opening events are free, but most of the jam-packed calendar takes place Thursday, June 23 through Sunday, June 26. Why post this soundfest on a visual arts website? The Austin Chronicle says it best:
Yes, this is mostly a music-based festival – replete with experimental wire-bending and amplified neurophony and unusual acoustic brilliance – but it features ferocious elements of video and film and performance art, too, and so we’ll be damned if this isn’t a good place to list the amazing thing.
also by Paula Newton
- I Never Liked Art: Vito Acconci, 1940-2017 - April 29th, 2017
- What’s the Chinati Foundation Up To? - April 28th, 2017
- Filmmaker Jonathan Demme, 1944-2017 - April 27th, 2017
- What They Don’t Teach You in Art School - April 26th, 2017
- University Art Students: Sell Your Work On New Online Platform - April 25th, 2017