Tomorrow, June 19, is Father’s Day. If you have yet to get your dad a gift, fear not—museums and art spaces across Texas want to help you celebrate dad in his own special way (don’t worry; two of these involve beer).
The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston’s main campus is hosting a 45-minute tour showcasing artworks that celebrate men, fathers, and fatherhood. Bayou Bend is offering dads free lemonade, live music, and free admission, and at Rienzi, dads get a free cookie!
The Vetro Glassblowing Studio in Grapevine is hosting their annual Father’s Day Beer Grab today. For $75, dads get a handblown mug or glass along with two servings of craft beer. Plus, there will be live glassblowing demonstrations.
At the Houston Center for Contemporary Craft, dads are invited to a Father’s Day Sip & Shop event. Enjoy free beers and bites while you pick out your own Father’s Day present!
McAllen’s International Museum of Art & Science will be hosting a Father’s Day Bash where kids and dads can collaborate on hands-on art and science activities.
If you know of any other Father’s Day events across Texas, tell us in the comments below!
also by Glasstire
- This and That: Kristen Cochran / Ken Kagami / Jac Leirner - June 28th, 2017
- Photographers: Register for FotoFest's Portfolio Review Sessions - June 27th, 2017
- A Side Trip to Michael Heizer's 'Double Negative' - June 27th, 2017
- Madrid Judge Orders Exhumation of Salvador Dalí's Remains - June 26th, 2017
- Protestors Gathered Yesterday Against the Station Museum's Andres Serrano Exhibition - June 25th, 2017