It’s turning out to be quite a year of loss and mourning. Austin’s Blanton Museum of Art will commemorate the lives of recently lost musicians in its upcoming SoundSpace event. Now in its sixth season, SoundSpace is a hybrid art series founded and curated by Steve Parker. The series features simultaneous, interdisciplinary performances throughout the museum’s galleries.
On Sunday, June 19 at 2pm, the Blanton will present SoundSpace: In Memoriam. This iteration of the award-winning series will celebrate the work of musicians who have passed away: Pierre Boulez, David Bowie, Tony Conrad, Ethan Frederick Greene, and Prince.
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
also by Paula Newton
- John Glenn (1921-2016) - December 9th, 2016
- Architects’ Pigs Could Fly in Just in Time for Trump Proposals - December 8th, 2016
- ALH Artists Inspire Latest Version of Debtfair at Whitney Biennial - December 7th, 2016
- Judd Foundation Releases More Judd Writings - December 2nd, 2016
- And Speaking of Space - December 1st, 2016