It’s turning out to be quite a year of loss and mourning. Austin’s Blanton Museum of Art will commemorate the lives of recently lost musicians in its upcoming SoundSpace event. Now in its sixth season, SoundSpace is a hybrid art series founded and curated by Steve Parker. The series features simultaneous, interdisciplinary performances throughout the museum’s galleries.
On Sunday, June 19 at 2pm, the Blanton will present SoundSpace: In Memoriam. This iteration of the award-winning series will celebrate the work of musicians who have passed away: Pierre Boulez, David Bowie, Tony Conrad, Ethan Frederick Greene, and Prince.
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
also by Paula Newton
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017
- UPDATE: Doggy Art a Great Success! - August 14th, 2017
- Getting Sweaty at the Museum - August 11th, 2017
- Tape Art Comes to the Panhandle - August 10th, 2017