It’s turning out to be quite a year of loss and mourning. Austin’s Blanton Museum of Art will commemorate the lives of recently lost musicians in its upcoming SoundSpace event. Now in its sixth season, SoundSpace is a hybrid art series founded and curated by Steve Parker. The series features simultaneous, interdisciplinary performances throughout the museum’s galleries.
On Sunday, June 19 at 2pm, the Blanton will present SoundSpace: In Memoriam. This iteration of the award-winning series will celebrate the work of musicians who have passed away: Pierre Boulez, David Bowie, Tony Conrad, Ethan Frederick Greene, and Prince.
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
also by Paula Newton
- Finally! News for Cats - March 27th, 2017
- Social Practice Artist Corrina Mehiel Found Stabbed to Death in DC - March 24th, 2017
- Trump’s “Border Wall” Shines Spotlight on EP Women’s Filmmaker Collective - March 23rd, 2017
- Another Artist Town Hall Meeting in Houston: Time to Get Political - March 22nd, 2017
- Trisha Brown (1936-2017) - March 21st, 2017