It’s turning out to be quite a year of loss and mourning. Austin’s Blanton Museum of Art will commemorate the lives of recently lost musicians in its upcoming SoundSpace event. Now in its sixth season, SoundSpace is a hybrid art series founded and curated by Steve Parker. The series features simultaneous, interdisciplinary performances throughout the museum’s galleries.
On Sunday, June 19 at 2pm, the Blanton will present SoundSpace: In Memoriam. This iteration of the award-winning series will celebrate the work of musicians who have passed away: Pierre Boulez, David Bowie, Tony Conrad, Ethan Frederick Greene, and Prince.
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
also by Paula Newton
- Non-Graffiti-Looking Graffiti Doesn’t Get Painted Over - January 24th, 2017
- Ann Hamilton Comes to Texas to Calm Us Down - January 23rd, 2017
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017