It’s turning out to be quite a year of loss and mourning. Austin’s Blanton Museum of Art will commemorate the lives of recently lost musicians in its upcoming SoundSpace event. Now in its sixth season, SoundSpace is a hybrid art series founded and curated by Steve Parker. The series features simultaneous, interdisciplinary performances throughout the museum’s galleries.
On Sunday, June 19 at 2pm, the Blanton will present SoundSpace: In Memoriam. This iteration of the award-winning series will celebrate the work of musicians who have passed away: Pierre Boulez, David Bowie, Tony Conrad, Ethan Frederick Greene, and Prince.
Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
also by Paula Newton
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016