The art galleries of San Marcos have held gallery walks/gallery nights for a while now, centered around the galleries in its downtown neighborhood. But in a recent bid to boost name recognition and consistency, the galleries have announced they they’ll team up to “anchor the gallery walk to a place and time,” according to Stevie Black of Rio Claro Studio.
Starting in September, the galleries will coordinate their openings to monthly event now billed as the 3rd Thursday Gallery Walk.
Beyond just the gallery openings, the coordinated effort will allow for supplemental events, programming, and entertainment. “Big things are planned already for each gallery in September, including downtown guides on street corners, music at every venue and on city streets in between and other businesses being open later as the San Marcos turns out in celebration.”
For more info, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Art Dirt 5: Celebrities Doing Performance Art + Artists and Gentrification - May 28th, 2017
- No More Free Parking at the MFAH - May 28th, 2017
- This and That: Sol Lewitt at Rice Gallery / a Wall at UH - May 27th, 2017
- Chad Dawkins Hired as Director of Exhibitions at Southwest School of Art - May 27th, 2017
- 300 Years of American Prints Opens This Sunday at the DMA - May 26th, 2017