The art galleries of San Marcos have held gallery walks/gallery nights for a while now, centered around the galleries in its downtown neighborhood. But in a recent bid to boost name recognition and consistency, the galleries have announced they they’ll team up to “anchor the gallery walk to a place and time,” according to Stevie Black of Rio Claro Studio.
Starting in September, the galleries will coordinate their openings to monthly event now billed as the 3rd Thursday Gallery Walk.
Beyond just the gallery openings, the coordinated effort will allow for supplemental events, programming, and entertainment. “Big things are planned already for each gallery in September, including downtown guides on street corners, music at every venue and on city streets in between and other businesses being open later as the San Marcos turns out in celebration.”
For more info, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Giant Indoor Sculpture Makes the FBI Sick - December 6th, 2016
- Lawndale Live! - December 6th, 2016
- "On December 8, a group of Dallas college students will attempt to destroy the internet... ." - December 5th, 2016
- Filmmakers: the city of Austin wants to screen your work - December 5th, 2016
- Blanton Announces New Curatorial Position and Appointment - December 2nd, 2016