The art galleries of San Marcos have held gallery walks/gallery nights for a while now, centered around the galleries in its downtown neighborhood. But in a recent bid to boost name recognition and consistency, the galleries have announced they they’ll team up to “anchor the gallery walk to a place and time,” according to Stevie Black of Rio Claro Studio.
Starting in September, the galleries will coordinate their openings to monthly event now billed as the 3rd Thursday Gallery Walk.
Beyond just the gallery openings, the coordinated effort will allow for supplemental events, programming, and entertainment. “Big things are planned already for each gallery in September, including downtown guides on street corners, music at every venue and on city streets in between and other businesses being open later as the San Marcos turns out in celebration.”
For more info, please go here.
also by Glasstire
- Hills Snyder's Cadillac Gets a Permanent Lubbock Home - July 27th, 2017
- The Top Five Artist Residencies in Texas: July 27, 2017 - July 27th, 2017
- Microsoft Paint Lives to Fight Another Day - July 27th, 2017
- Houston Announces $3.5 Million in Arts and Culture Grants - July 26th, 2017
- Awesome website: Typeset in the Future - July 25th, 2017