Today, Sunday June 12, from 3-5pm, Artpace resident Andy Coolquitt will host Shadowy & Still, a site-specific installation by Sterling Allen. Allen’s show had been on view for only a day at Sala Diaz when Casa Chuck, the gallery’s neighboring space, caught on fire, causing the gallery to close indefinitely.
For the show, Allen will be reinstalling all of his work in Coolquitt’s upstairs studio at Artpace. This exhibition falls into Coolquitt’s programmatic schedule for his Artpace residency—he is hosting a series of pop-up exhibitions throughout the time he would normally be creating work for the Artist-in-Residence Exhibition. Once the residency exhibition comes around, however, he will treat the gallery as a working studio space.
Read our review of Allen’s show (at Sala Diaz) here.
also by Glasstire
- Art Dirt 5: Celebrities Doing Performance Art + Artists and Gentrification - May 28th, 2017
- No More Free Parking at the MFAH - May 28th, 2017
- This and That: Sol Lewitt at Rice Gallery / a Wall at UH - May 27th, 2017
- Chad Dawkins Hired as Director of Exhibitions at Southwest School of Art - May 27th, 2017
- 300 Years of American Prints Opens This Sunday at the DMA - May 26th, 2017