Today, Sunday June 12, from 3-5pm, Artpace resident Andy Coolquitt will host Shadowy & Still, a site-specific installation by Sterling Allen. Allen’s show had been on view for only a day at Sala Diaz when Casa Chuck, the gallery’s neighboring space, caught on fire, causing the gallery to close indefinitely.
For the show, Allen will be reinstalling all of his work in Coolquitt’s upstairs studio at Artpace. This exhibition falls into Coolquitt’s programmatic schedule for his Artpace residency—he is hosting a series of pop-up exhibitions throughout the time he would normally be creating work for the Artist-in-Residence Exhibition. Once the residency exhibition comes around, however, he will treat the gallery as a working studio space.
Read our review of Allen’s show (at Sala Diaz) here.
also by Glasstire
- Craft Artists: Houston's Center for Contemporary Craft Wants You! - January 22nd, 2017
- Today, January 21: a Concert in Houston & Butt Prints in San Antonio - January 21st, 2017
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017
- A Whopper of an Artwork for Your Inauguration Day - January 18th, 2017