Today, Sunday June 12, from 3-5pm, Artpace resident Andy Coolquitt will host Shadowy & Still, a site-specific installation by Sterling Allen. Allen’s show had been on view for only a day at Sala Diaz when Casa Chuck, the gallery’s neighboring space, caught on fire, causing the gallery to close indefinitely.
For the show, Allen will be reinstalling all of his work in Coolquitt’s upstairs studio at Artpace. This exhibition falls into Coolquitt’s programmatic schedule for his Artpace residency—he is hosting a series of pop-up exhibitions throughout the time he would normally be creating work for the Artist-in-Residence Exhibition. Once the residency exhibition comes around, however, he will treat the gallery as a working studio space.
Read our review of Allen’s show (at Sala Diaz) here.
also by Glasstire
- Trenton Doyle Hancock's Texas Artist of the Year Exhibition Relocated to Former Rice Gallery - September 19th, 2017
- Google Launches Huge Archive of Latino Art - September 16th, 2017
- This and That: Yes, They're Men - September 16th, 2017
- John Biggers Mural in Houston Damaged by Hurricane Harvey - September 16th, 2017
- 3rd Annual Art Walk West is in Dallas Tomorrow - September 15th, 2017