Today, Sunday June 12, from 3-5pm, Artpace resident Andy Coolquitt will host Shadowy & Still, a site-specific installation by Sterling Allen. Allen’s show had been on view for only a day at Sala Diaz when Casa Chuck, the gallery’s neighboring space, caught on fire, causing the gallery to close indefinitely.
For the show, Allen will be reinstalling all of his work in Coolquitt’s upstairs studio at Artpace. This exhibition falls into Coolquitt’s programmatic schedule for his Artpace residency—he is hosting a series of pop-up exhibitions throughout the time he would normally be creating work for the Artist-in-Residence Exhibition. Once the residency exhibition comes around, however, he will treat the gallery as a working studio space.
Read our review of Allen’s show (at Sala Diaz) here.
also by Glasstire
- Hills Snyder's Cadillac Gets a Permanent Lubbock Home - July 27th, 2017
- The Top Five Artist Residencies in Texas: July 27, 2017 - July 27th, 2017
- Microsoft Paint Lives to Fight Another Day - July 27th, 2017
- Houston Announces $3.5 Million in Arts and Culture Grants - July 26th, 2017
- Awesome website: Typeset in the Future - July 25th, 2017