This weekend, Houston will be showcasing some great work by teen artists. At the Aurora Picture Show, the 3rd annual Extremely Young Film Festival features creative short films under three minutes long and made by filmmakers under 17. This year’s guest juror is Tish Stringer, documentary filmmaker and Rice University Lecturer and Film Program Manager. Culled from more than 250 submissions, the program features short films made by young artists from all over the world. The screening is Saturday, June 11, at 4pm.
Over at the Texas Art Asylum, the Teen Council (TC) of the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston (CAMH) will present the Teen Council Group Show, an exhibition featuring work by the TC. The show will include painting, drawing, sculpture, writing, music-based performance, and will be on view June 10-12, with an opening reception held June 10 from 7-10pm.
Go check out the future of art!
also by Paula Newton
- This Week: Houston! Next Week: Marfa! - September 30th, 2016
- Houston’s Smither Park Officially (Re)Opens - September 29th, 2016
- Two Texans Make ArtPrize Shortlist! - September 27th, 2016
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016