For this season (the show’s 8th), the connecting theme is “Cities” and will cover artists in Chicago, Mexico City, Los Angeles, and Vancouver. Among artists profiled over its four episodes are Pedro Reyes, Theaster Gates, Jeff Wall, Diana Thater, Chris Ware, Nick Cave, and Liz Larner.
This is the first season of the show to go on without its founder, Susan Sollins, who died in 2014. Tina Kukielski is the series’ new executive director.
Here’s the trailer for the season, which kicks off on September 16 on PBS.
also by Glasstire
- Blanton Announces New Curatorial Position and Appointment - December 2nd, 2016
- Scott Gilbert’s True Artist Tales Part 2 - December 2nd, 2016
- Five New Public Art Works For a Richardson Mixed-Use Development - December 1st, 2016
- Top Five: December 1, 2016 - December 1st, 2016
- MFAH Announces New Curatorial Fellows - November 30th, 2016