For this season (the show’s 8th), the connecting theme is “Cities” and will cover artists in Chicago, Mexico City, Los Angeles, and Vancouver. Among artists profiled over its four episodes are Pedro Reyes, Theaster Gates, Jeff Wall, Diana Thater, Chris Ware, Nick Cave, and Liz Larner.
This is the first season of the show to go on without its founder, Susan Sollins, who died in 2014. Tina Kukielski is the series’ new executive director.
Here’s the trailer for the season, which kicks off on September 16 on PBS.
also by Glasstire
- Zine Fest Houston Archive Acquired by UH - February 27th, 2017
- Apply for DiverseWorks' 2017 Diverse Discourse Studio Visit Program - February 26th, 2017
- Houston Artist Nestor Topchy Wins National Reuse Contest - February 25th, 2017
- Texas Artist Develops Genius (and fun) New Art App for Your Phone - February 24th, 2017
- DO NOT Miss Lionel Maunz's Talk At SMU Next Week - February 23rd, 2017