For this season (the show’s 8th), the connecting theme is “Cities” and will cover artists in Chicago, Mexico City, Los Angeles, and Vancouver. Among artists profiled over its four episodes are Pedro Reyes, Theaster Gates, Jeff Wall, Diana Thater, Chris Ware, Nick Cave, and Liz Larner.
This is the first season of the show to go on without its founder, Susan Sollins, who died in 2014. Tina Kukielski is the series’ new executive director.
Here’s the trailer for the season, which kicks off on September 16 on PBS.
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: June 22, 2017 - June 22nd, 2017
- Quiz: Thomas Struth or NYT? - June 21st, 2017
- Solange Knowles Is Coming to Marfa - June 21st, 2017
- Fashion & Art: Coach Presents "City Wide" Exhibition by Dallas Artist Arthur Peña - June 20th, 2017
- Houston's Punk History, in Posters - June 20th, 2017