Seth Alverson’s going away party/show was last Friday at Bill’s Junk/Optical Project in Houston. The event consisted of this video showing a spinning figurine that periodically squirted blood from its mouth. Though the video didn’t quite match the grotesqueness of Alverson’s paintings (see below), it served as a bloody farewell to Houston.
also by Brandon Zech
- Louise Hopkins Underwood, 1919-2017 - March 8th, 2017
- The Art World Goes a Day Without Women - March 8th, 2017
- Not Just Naked People: Experimental Action Performance Art Festival in Houston - February 27th, 2017
- Round-Up: Three Shows in San Antonio and Austin - February 3rd, 2017
- Some Inauguration Day Wisdom from Pussy Riot, from their recent Texas Visit - January 19th, 2017