Seth Alverson’s going away party/show was last Friday at Bill’s Junk/Optical Project in Houston. The event consisted of this video showing a spinning figurine that periodically squirted blood from its mouth. Though the video didn’t quite match the grotesqueness of Alverson’s paintings (see below), it served as a bloody farewell to Houston.
also by Brandon Zech
- Some Inauguration Day Wisdom from Pussy Riot, from their recent Texas Visit - January 19th, 2017
- Andrew Martin at Redbud Gallery, Houston - January 13th, 2017
- Capitalist Consumption: the Institute for New Feeling at Ballroom Marfa - December 30th, 2016
- Sophomore Slump: Day for Night in Houston - December 21st, 2016
- Miami Basel vs. Disney World: The Happiest Place on Earth? - December 10th, 2016