Seth Alverson’s going away party/show was last Friday at Bill’s Junk/Optical Project in Houston. The event consisted of this video showing a spinning figurine that periodically squirted blood from its mouth. Though the video didn’t quite match the grotesqueness of Alverson’s paintings (see below), it served as a bloody farewell to Houston.
also by Brandon Zech
- Why this Year's Galveston Artist Residency Exhibition is Different - July 19th, 2017
- Andres Serrano at the Station Museum of Contemporary Art, Houston - June 23rd, 2017
- Michael Menchaca at BLUEorange - June 14th, 2017
- Garth Weiser at The Contemporary Austin - June 1st, 2017
- The Art of the Livestream - April 21st, 2017