Seth Alverson’s going away party/show was last Friday at Bill’s Junk/Optical Project in Houston. The event consisted of this video showing a spinning figurine that periodically squirted blood from its mouth. Though the video didn’t quite match the grotesqueness of Alverson’s paintings (see below), it served as a bloody farewell to Houston.
also by Brandon Zech
- The Art of the Livestream - April 21st, 2017
- Four Killer Zines You Should Check Out - April 10th, 2017
- Louise Hopkins Underwood, 1919-2017 - March 8th, 2017
- The Art World Goes a Day Without Women - March 8th, 2017
- Not Just Naked People: Experimental Action Performance Art Festival in Houston - February 27th, 2017