The Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego has named Kathryn Kanjo to succeed longtime director Hugh M. Davies, reports artnet. Currently deputy director at the museum, San Antonians will remember her as executive director of Artpace from 2000 to 2006.
Earlier this month, it was announced that Jonathan Bober has been named the National Gallery of Art’s Andrew W. Mellon Senior Curator of Prints and Drawings. Since 2011, Bober has served as curator and head of old master prints at the National Gallery of Art, but before that, Bober served as a curator at the Blanton Museum at the University of Texas at Austin since 1987.
Kanjo and Bober will assume their new positions in October. Congratulations to both!
also by Paula Newton
- University Art Students: Sell Your Work On New Online Platform - April 25th, 2017
- Meow Wolf is Growing Bigger and May Come to Austin! - April 24th, 2017
- Sand Art: Sculpture of Sculptures - April 21st, 2017
- Sexy Farrah Fawcett Made Art, Too! - April 20th, 2017
- Death of the Cool: Barkley Hendricks, 1945-2017 - April 19th, 2017