The Dallas Symphony Orchestra (DSO) is mixing it up for the second year in a row. Its Soluna Music and Arts Festival, which takes place mainly in the Dallas Arts District, starts this evening, May 16, with a chamber music performance that invites the audience to sit onstage. The next evening, a multidisciplinary performance with an original score by Pharrell will be featured.
Although most of the 17 events are predictably heavy on the music aspect, many look like there will be all sorts of collaborations with all kinds of artists. For a list of the visual artists featured, go here. For the full schedule, go here.
also by Paula Newton
- Idea Fund Round 9: Deadline, Info, and Jurors - September 26th, 2016
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016