The Dallas Symphony Orchestra (DSO) is mixing it up for the second year in a row. Its Soluna Music and Arts Festival, which takes place mainly in the Dallas Arts District, starts this evening, May 16, with a chamber music performance that invites the audience to sit onstage. The next evening, a multidisciplinary performance with an original score by Pharrell will be featured.
Although most of the 17 events are predictably heavy on the music aspect, many look like there will be all sorts of collaborations with all kinds of artists. For a list of the visual artists featured, go here. For the full schedule, go here.
also by Paula Newton
- Happy (Not My) President’s Day! - February 20th, 2017
- SXSE: Beaumont Is a Boomtown of Film & Music - February 17th, 2017
- How to Get A Studio and Stipend from Lawndale - February 16th, 2017
- Art Historian Picked for a Top National Security Advisor - February 15th, 2017
- Austin Has OUTsiders and No Idea! - February 14th, 2017