The Dallas Symphony Orchestra (DSO) is mixing it up for the second year in a row. Its Soluna Music and Arts Festival, which takes place mainly in the Dallas Arts District, starts this evening, May 16, with a chamber music performance that invites the audience to sit onstage. The next evening, a multidisciplinary performance with an original score by Pharrell will be featured.
Although most of the 17 events are predictably heavy on the music aspect, many look like there will be all sorts of collaborations with all kinds of artists. For a list of the visual artists featured, go here. For the full schedule, go here.
also by Paula Newton
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017
- Party! Come Congratulate the Idea Fund Grantees - January 12th, 2017
- Phillip Johnson and "Kitty Porn" - January 10th, 2017
- Houston Curator Receives Warhol Foundation Grant - January 9th, 2017