The Dallas Symphony Orchestra (DSO) is mixing it up for the second year in a row. Its Soluna Music and Arts Festival, which takes place mainly in the Dallas Arts District, starts this evening, May 16, with a chamber music performance that invites the audience to sit onstage. The next evening, a multidisciplinary performance with an original score by Pharrell will be featured.
Although most of the 17 events are predictably heavy on the music aspect, many look like there will be all sorts of collaborations with all kinds of artists. For a list of the visual artists featured, go here. For the full schedule, go here.
also by Paula Newton
- I Never Liked Art: Vito Acconci, 1940-2017 - April 29th, 2017
- What’s the Chinati Foundation Up To? - April 28th, 2017
- Filmmaker Jonathan Demme, 1944-2017 - April 27th, 2017
- What They Don’t Teach You in Art School - April 26th, 2017
- University Art Students: Sell Your Work On New Online Platform - April 25th, 2017