The Dallas Symphony Orchestra (DSO) is mixing it up for the second year in a row. Its Soluna Music and Arts Festival, which takes place mainly in the Dallas Arts District, starts this evening, May 16, with a chamber music performance that invites the audience to sit onstage. The next evening, a multidisciplinary performance with an original score by Pharrell will be featured.
Although most of the 17 events are predictably heavy on the music aspect, many look like there will be all sorts of collaborations with all kinds of artists. For a list of the visual artists featured, go here. For the full schedule, go here.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017
- Find the Art Historical References in “Alien: Covenant” - August 15th, 2017
- UPDATE: Doggy Art a Great Success! - August 14th, 2017