Big Medium will present the 5th West Austin Studio Tour the next two weekends, May 14-15 and 21-22. A free, annual, self-guided tour of artist spaces west of I-35, West provides visitors with the opportunity to meet hundreds of artists in their native habitats and discover new talent. Although it doesn’t have the convenient acronym as the East Austin Studio Tour (which takes place in the fall), artists on the other side of the tracks probably wouldn’t want to call it WAST.
The 2016 catalogues, with a fold-out map insert, are already out and available at all Austin Public Library branches. Get out your walking shoes and plan your route now!
also by Paula Newton
- Artists and Collectors to Show off their Weird Houston Homes - September 23rd, 2016
- It May Be Too Late, but this Group is Set to Save East Austin Art - September 22nd, 2016
- Check out Islamic Art in Houston! - September 20th, 2016
- Performance Art: Could be Awful, Could be Fantastic - September 19th, 2016
- Austin’s EAST Announces Participating Artists - September 16th, 2016