Big Medium will present the 5th West Austin Studio Tour the next two weekends, May 14-15 and 21-22. A free, annual, self-guided tour of artist spaces west of I-35, West provides visitors with the opportunity to meet hundreds of artists in their native habitats and discover new talent. Although it doesn’t have the convenient acronym as the East Austin Studio Tour (which takes place in the fall), artists on the other side of the tracks probably wouldn’t want to call it WAST.
The 2016 catalogues, with a fold-out map insert, are already out and available at all Austin Public Library branches. Get out your walking shoes and plan your route now!
also by Paula Newton
- Ann Hamilton Comes to Texas to Calm Us Down - January 23rd, 2017
- Sedrick Huckaby Receives SMU's Moss/Chumley Award - January 20th, 2017
- UH College of the Arts Will Change Its Name After $20M Gift - January 19th, 2017
- Amy Poehler Buys Film Rights to Houston HS Teacher’s Book - January 18th, 2017
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017