Big Medium will present the 5th West Austin Studio Tour the next two weekends, May 14-15 and 21-22. A free, annual, self-guided tour of artist spaces west of I-35, West provides visitors with the opportunity to meet hundreds of artists in their native habitats and discover new talent. Although it doesn’t have the convenient acronym as the East Austin Studio Tour (which takes place in the fall), artists on the other side of the tracks probably wouldn’t want to call it WAST.
The 2016 catalogues, with a fold-out map insert, are already out and available at all Austin Public Library branches. Get out your walking shoes and plan your route now!
also by Paula Newton
- ALH Artists Inspire Latest Version of Debtfair at Whitney Biennial - December 7th, 2016
- Judd Foundation Releases More Judd Writings - December 2nd, 2016
- And Speaking of Space - December 1st, 2016
- SXSW+Art! - November 30th, 2016
- Artists: Join the Space Poop Challenge! - November 29th, 2016