The second annual Dallas Zine Party will be at Beefhaus on Sunday, Sept. 4, and the application to exhibit (i.e. have a spot at the table or have a table) is now open until July 22.
The Dallas Zine Party “is the first ever zine fair and celebration of zines and micro-publications in Dallas.” (Last year, the first annual DZP was held at The Wild Detectives.) This initiative was launched and is hosted by Dallas-based artist and zine extraordinaire Randy Guthmiller. It’s a nice way to spend a Sunday, perusing the range of zines and micro-publications and even getting into the groove of creating one yourself.
It’s an impressive and growing event (and DZP has teamed up with other regions for events in Houston and Denton), with last year’s Dallas party hosting dozens of primarily local exhibitors such as Smell My Hair (Dallas), Dinnertime Magazine (Fort Worth), Fetusicle (Denton), Eight Handed Read (Bedford) and Imipolex Press (Dallas).
also by Glasstire
- Section of Berlin Wall at Rice University Defaced with Pro-Trump Graffiti - January 15th, 2017
- Houston Performance Art Festival Announces Lineup — And It's Good! - January 14th, 2017
- Dallas Contemporary Will Organize the Ukrainian Pavilion for the Venice Biennale - January 12th, 2017
- Top Five: January 12, 2017 - January 12th, 2017
- Marcel Dzama and the Love of all things Golden - January 11th, 2017