The second annual Dallas Zine Party will be at Beefhaus on Sunday, Sept. 4, and the application to exhibit (i.e. have a spot at the table or have a table) is now open until July 22.
The Dallas Zine Party “is the first ever zine fair and celebration of zines and micro-publications in Dallas.” (Last year, the first annual DZP was held at The Wild Detectives.) This initiative was launched and is hosted by Dallas-based artist and zine extraordinaire Randy Guthmiller. It’s a nice way to spend a Sunday, perusing the range of zines and micro-publications and even getting into the groove of creating one yourself.
It’s an impressive and growing event (and DZP has teamed up with other regions for events in Houston and Denton), with last year’s Dallas party hosting dozens of primarily local exhibitors such as Smell My Hair (Dallas), Dinnertime Magazine (Fort Worth), Fetusicle (Denton), Eight Handed Read (Bedford) and Imipolex Press (Dallas).
also by Glasstire
- Summertime Living: John Waters' Camp for Grown-Ups - April 27th, 2017
- Top Five: April 27, 2017 - April 27th, 2017
- Send Your Questions to Catherine Opie and Eileen Myles! - April 25th, 2017
- Houston Artists: Artadia Wants to Give You Money - April 24th, 2017
- City of Austin Announces First Artist-in-Residence - April 23rd, 2017