The second annual Dallas Zine Party will be at Beefhaus on Sunday, Sept. 4, and the application to exhibit (i.e. have a spot at the table or have a table) is now open until July 22.
The Dallas Zine Party “is the first ever zine fair and celebration of zines and micro-publications in Dallas.” (Last year, the first annual DZP was held at The Wild Detectives.) This initiative was launched and is hosted by Dallas-based artist and zine extraordinaire Randy Guthmiller. It’s a nice way to spend a Sunday, perusing the range of zines and micro-publications and even getting into the groove of creating one yourself.
It’s an impressive and growing event (and DZP has teamed up with other regions for events in Houston and Denton), with last year’s Dallas party hosting dozens of primarily local exhibitors such as Smell My Hair (Dallas), Dinnertime Magazine (Fort Worth), Fetusicle (Denton), Eight Handed Read (Bedford) and Imipolex Press (Dallas).
also by Glasstire
- Houston Music Venue Announces Community Arts Initiative - February 20th, 2017
- San Antonio DACA Art Student Detained by Immigration Officials - February 19th, 2017
- February 18: Artists Talks in Houston & 20+ Openings in Dallas - February 18th, 2017
- Michael Peranteau to Step Down from Art League Houston - February 17th, 2017
- A $2 Million Gift for Upcoming Museum in Dallas - February 16th, 2017