Houstonians: If you’ve been noticing a lot of folks in smart outfits and curator glasses, that’s because the 15th annual meeting of the Association of Art Museum Curators (AAMC) is taking place. It began Saturday, May 7th, and wraps up today with 4:30 closing remarks. Over 300 curators are in town for the event, visiting every local art venue, making presentations, and holding symposia.
Gary Tinterow, director of the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, tells Houston Public Media, “The primary function of the conference is networking.” Helen Evans, the president of AAMC and Metropolitan Museum of Art Curator, says it’s “How to build a diverse curatorial body.” According to the conference catalogue, the theme is “Moving Forward.” All of those sound like good ideas.
also by Paula Newton
- Even Less Menil: Drawing Institute Opening Delayed - July 27th, 2017
- Texas Public Art Projects Win Again! - July 26th, 2017
- My Chimp Could Paint That! - July 25th, 2017
- Sugar Land Teen Wins Big Time Film Award - July 21st, 2017
- House for Sale Goes Viral: Art Project? - July 20th, 2017