UT Austin’s Blanton Museum of Art has just announced the appointment of Carter E. Foster as the new Deputy Director for Curatorial Affairs and Curator of Prints and Drawings. Foster will join the museum in September, coming from the Whitney Museum of American Art where he held an eleven-year tenure as Curator of Drawing. He has worked at a number of other institutions, including the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the New York Public Library, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, and the Cleveland Museum of Art. Through these various positions, Foster has developed education and multimedia programs centered on museum collections and exhibitions—this is perfectly in line with the Blanton’s mission as a university museum.
Along with the appointment of Foster, the Blanton has promoted Jeongho Park from research assistant to Assistant Curator of Prints and Drawings, and European Paintings. These changes come in the midst of a complete overhaul of the museum’s permanent collection and the construction of Ellsworth Kelly’s Austin.
also by Glasstire
- Houston Cinema Arts Festival Returns Next Month with Houston-Centric Programming - October 17th, 2017
- This and That: Oldenburg / Davenport - October 17th, 2017
- Sculpture Month Houston Returns to Houston's Grain Silos - October 16th, 2017
- Art Organizations: the FEMA Deadline is Approaching - October 15th, 2017
- Kusama is Coming to Marfa - October 14th, 2017