UT Austin’s Blanton Museum of Art has just announced the appointment of Carter E. Foster as the new Deputy Director for Curatorial Affairs and Curator of Prints and Drawings. Foster will join the museum in September, coming from the Whitney Museum of American Art where he held an eleven-year tenure as Curator of Drawing. He has worked at a number of other institutions, including the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the New York Public Library, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, and the Cleveland Museum of Art. Through these various positions, Foster has developed education and multimedia programs centered on museum collections and exhibitions—this is perfectly in line with the Blanton’s mission as a university museum.
Along with the appointment of Foster, the Blanton has promoted Jeongho Park from research assistant to Assistant Curator of Prints and Drawings, and European Paintings. These changes come in the midst of a complete overhaul of the museum’s permanent collection and the construction of Ellsworth Kelly’s Austin.
also by Glasstire
- Entire White House Arts Committee Resigns in Protest - August 18th, 2017
- Blanton Gifted Set of Leon Polk Smith Paintings and Drawings - August 17th, 2017
- Top Five: August 17, 2017 - August 16th, 2017
- The Tom of Finland Movie - August 16th, 2017
- Gunnar Birkerts, Architect Who Designed CAMH, Dies at 92 - August 16th, 2017