UT Austin’s Blanton Museum of Art has just announced the appointment of Carter E. Foster as the new Deputy Director for Curatorial Affairs and Curator of Prints and Drawings. Foster will join the museum in September, coming from the Whitney Museum of American Art where he held an eleven-year tenure as Curator of Drawing. He has worked at a number of other institutions, including the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the New York Public Library, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, and the Cleveland Museum of Art. Through these various positions, Foster has developed education and multimedia programs centered on museum collections and exhibitions—this is perfectly in line with the Blanton’s mission as a university museum.
Along with the appointment of Foster, the Blanton has promoted Jeongho Park from research assistant to Assistant Curator of Prints and Drawings, and European Paintings. These changes come in the midst of a complete overhaul of the museum’s permanent collection and the construction of Ellsworth Kelly’s Austin.
also by Glasstire
- FotoFest Announces 2018 Biennial Theme & More - January 16th, 2017
- Section of Berlin Wall at Rice University Defaced with Pro-Trump Graffiti - January 15th, 2017
- Houston Performance Art Festival Announces Lineup — And It's Good! - January 14th, 2017
- Dallas Contemporary Will Organize the Ukrainian Pavilion for the Venice Biennale - January 12th, 2017
- Top Five: January 12, 2017 - January 12th, 2017