On Monday, May 9, Women and Their Work in Austin will host a free workshop designed to help performing artists prep themselves for touring. Called Doin’ It On The Road, the event is organized by the National Performance Network, which is a New Orleans-based outfit made up of performance-art pros. The workshop “will provide information about opportunities for performing artists who are interested, ready, and have the capacity to tour, have already toured regionally or are want to expand touring their work.”
At the very least it sounds like a good networking opportunity, but the workshop will indeed cover some necessary basics (like contract negotiation). The workshop lasts only a couple of hours. But you have to sign up because space is limited. Go here to do that, and for more info, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Summertime Living: John Waters' Camp for Grown-Ups - April 27th, 2017
- Top Five: April 27, 2017 - April 27th, 2017
- Send Your Questions to Catherine Opie and Eileen Myles! - April 25th, 2017
- Houston Artists: Artadia Wants to Give You Money - April 24th, 2017
- City of Austin Announces First Artist-in-Residence - April 23rd, 2017