On Monday, May 9, Women and Their Work in Austin will host a free workshop designed to help performing artists prep themselves for touring. Called Doin’ It On The Road, the event is organized by the National Performance Network, which is a New Orleans-based outfit made up of performance-art pros. The workshop “will provide information about opportunities for performing artists who are interested, ready, and have the capacity to tour, have already toured regionally or are want to expand touring their work.”
At the very least it sounds like a good networking opportunity, but the workshop will indeed cover some necessary basics (like contract negotiation). The workshop lasts only a couple of hours. But you have to sign up because space is limited. Go here to do that, and for more info, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Apply for DiverseWorks' 2017 Diverse Discourse Studio Visit Program - February 26th, 2017
- Houston Artist Nestor Topchy Wins National Reuse Contest - February 25th, 2017
- Texas Artist Develops Genius (and fun) New Art App for Your Phone - February 24th, 2017
- DO NOT Miss Lionel Maunz's Talk At SMU Next Week - February 23rd, 2017
- Top Five: February 23, 2017 - February 23rd, 2017