The Nasher Sculpture Center’s still-newish microgrant initiative means money for artists in the DFW region, and the names of the latest round of artist winners have been released. The 2016 awardees are Timothy Harding, Francisco Moreno, Gregory Ruppe, lauren woods, and Longhui Zhang. Solid list! Congrats all around.
Via the Nasher: “The winners were chosen by a jury which included former microgrant winners, artists Christopher Blay and Margaret Meehan, artist and educator Cam Schoepp, artist and recent Rome Prize winner E.V. Day, as well as Nasher Assistant Curator Leigh Arnold, and Nasher Curator of Education Anna Smith.”
Each winner gets $2000 “to realize projects related to his or her studio practice.” Winners are artists who live in counties in North Texas.
For more on the Nasher’s Microgrant program, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Summertime Living: John Waters' Camp for Grown-Ups - April 27th, 2017
- Top Five: April 27, 2017 - April 27th, 2017
- Send Your Questions to Catherine Opie and Eileen Myles! - April 25th, 2017
- Houston Artists: Artadia Wants to Give You Money - April 24th, 2017
- City of Austin Announces First Artist-in-Residence - April 23rd, 2017