The Nasher Sculpture Center’s still-newish microgrant initiative means money for artists in the DFW region, and the names of the latest round of artist winners have been released. The 2016 awardees are Timothy Harding, Francisco Moreno, Gregory Ruppe, lauren woods, and Longhui Zhang. Solid list! Congrats all around.
Via the Nasher: “The winners were chosen by a jury which included former microgrant winners, artists Christopher Blay and Margaret Meehan, artist and educator Cam Schoepp, artist and recent Rome Prize winner E.V. Day, as well as Nasher Assistant Curator Leigh Arnold, and Nasher Curator of Education Anna Smith.”
Each winner gets $2000 “to realize projects related to his or her studio practice.” Winners are artists who live in counties in North Texas.
For more on the Nasher’s Microgrant program, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Glasstire names Christina Rees as Editor-in-Chief - February 20th, 2017
- Houston Music Venue Announces Community Arts Initiative - February 20th, 2017
- San Antonio DACA Art Student Detained by Immigration Officials - February 19th, 2017
- February 18: Artists Talks in Houston & 20+ Openings in Dallas - February 18th, 2017
- Michael Peranteau to Step Down from Art League Houston - February 17th, 2017