The Nasher Sculpture Center’s still-newish microgrant initiative means money for artists in the DFW region, and the names of the latest round of artist winners have been released. The 2016 awardees are Timothy Harding, Francisco Moreno, Gregory Ruppe, lauren woods, and Longhui Zhang. Solid list! Congrats all around.
Via the Nasher: “The winners were chosen by a jury which included former microgrant winners, artists Christopher Blay and Margaret Meehan, artist and educator Cam Schoepp, artist and recent Rome Prize winner E.V. Day, as well as Nasher Assistant Curator Leigh Arnold, and Nasher Curator of Education Anna Smith.”
Each winner gets $2000 “to realize projects related to his or her studio practice.” Winners are artists who live in counties in North Texas.
For more on the Nasher’s Microgrant program, go here.
also by Glasstire
- The Tom of Finland Movie - August 16th, 2017
- Gunnar Birkerts, Architect Who Designed CAMH, Dies at 92 - August 16th, 2017
- Dallas Architecture Forum Hosts Chinati and MASS MoCA - August 15th, 2017
- 5th Annual Transborder Biennial Announced - August 14th, 2017
- Recently Restored John Biggers Mural Travels to Tyler Museum of Art - August 13th, 2017